Fiora builds - Anything different?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Annaed

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
what do you guys think of her recommended items?
I am finding trinity force to be a pretty awesome item on her...

Has anyone else tried this?

Commander Yordle

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaed View Post
I am finding trinity force to be a pretty awesome item on her...

Has anyone else tried this?
Tons of damage.

coffeerox

03-03-2012

I came up with a build focusing on cooldown reduction:

Prospector's Blade
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Entropy
Stinger
BF Sword > Sanguine Blade if you have enough money

Risemix

03-03-2012

In my opinion, fratma's is the optimal build on Fiora.

No, it isn't because I'm building her "tanky DPS," it's because early and mid game her kit has a ton of damage stats built in and she melts pretty fast in skirmishes and team fights unless you've built up some durability and utility.

Frozen Mallet gives her some durability and allows her to stick to targets, and Atma's gives her some crit and synergizes well with Mallet, giving you a nice chunk of AD for the price.

After that it's more or less case-by-base, but I like to have a Vamp Scepter in there at some point.

I'm a little annoyed because when I bring up the fratma's build, I get accused a lot of building her straight metagolem without thinking about it, but that simply isn't the case. These two items do a lot for Fiora's kit for minimal cost while still offering an ultimately very high damage return.

Fiora simply doesn't need to build glass canon to deal a lot of damage and doesn't have the kit to support it anyway. Her W is a free BF sword by level 13 and her E is a free Phantom Dancer by level 8-9. Getting a Frozen Mallet will do infinitely more for you than buying a stupid Infinity Edge and then dying before you deal any damage.

xahhfink6

03-03-2012

I actually rather like frozen heart + Spirit Visage for max cdr after a sanguine blade

Makes her darn tanky

v4v3nd3774

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
In my opinion, fratma's is the optimal build on Fiora.

No, it isn't because I'm building her "tanky DPS," it's because early and mid game her kit has a ton of damage stats built in and she melts pretty fast in skirmishes and team fights unless you've built up some durability and utility.

Frozen Mallet gives her some durability and allows her to stick to targets, and Atma's gives her some crit and synergizes well with Mallet, giving you a nice chunk of AD for the price.

After that it's more or less case-by-base, but I like to have a Vamp Scepter in there at some point.

I'm a little annoyed because when I bring up the fratma's build, I get accused a lot of building her straight metagolem without thinking about it, but that simply isn't the case. These two items do a lot for Fiora's kit for minimal cost while still offering an ultimately very high damage return.

Fiora simply doesn't need to build glass canon to deal a lot of damage and doesn't have the kit to support it anyway. Her W is a free BF sword by level 13 and her E is a free Phantom Dancer by level 8-9. Getting a Frozen Mallet will do infinitely more for you than buying a stupid Infinity Edge and then dying before you deal any damage.
That's a completely reasonable train of thought, I agree, and I already like fm/phage on her. My only thought on it is why only do a lot of damage when you could be doing the crazy sick damages? Keep in mind that building HP for EHP actually reduces the effectiveness of the health she gains from her passive and lifesteal, compared to building armor/mr for EHP, and that she gains a lot of HP through R, E with lifesteal and her passive. Imo, still, one of her biggest selling points is her invulnerability during R and the amount of HP swing from your opponent to you that it gives.

lbgsloan

03-03-2012

Fatma's just makes too much sense to not use. She needs a slow, she needs survivability; she likes damage and crit; why wouldn't you?

But yeah, if rickless can do the recommended items for everyone from now on it would help new Dominion players a great deal. I mean Prospector's Ring on Rumble, Leona, and Voli? Ruby Crystal as a starting item on most AD over Prospector's Blade? Who came up with that? The guy who decided to give Udyr Bot a Manamune?

v4v3nd3774

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Fatma's just makes too much sense to not use. She needs a slow, she needs survivability; she likes damage and crit; why wouldn't you?
Because she has other needs too. Yea a slow(at least phage) and survivability are needs but she has other needs too. Lifesteal, cdr and damage, which fratmas doesn't give a lot of until you complete atmas, which is either 3670g or 5605g because you're building phage>atmas>fm or phage>fm>atmas.

Quiver

03-04-2012

Been watching wickd dominate with her building a bit of life steal and durability with a black cleaver and 1-2 Tiamats. Works surpsingly well since her ulti applys on hit effects. His level 2 ulti was half-healthing more durable champions in teamfights. And for an unavoidable effect thats applying a huge armor debuff in unison with black cleaver... thats pretty OP.