Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kings of burst damage, AP Sion or Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blacryan

07-29-2010

Quote:
Heatguyj:
what's gimp about it?

Ginsoos - Lich Bane - Hextech Gunblade

Lichbane isnt a hybrid item... it's a AP item.

Hextech is bad compared to your other choices. Guinsoo's I feel is a decent item, late game I usually pick 1 up as my last item.

But I feel you cant beat rushing rylai's, then going mercs, sheen/lichbane, then a zhonya's or GA if u get ga then zhonya's then I usually pickup a guinsoo's if I need more DPS or a armor item depending on the match up and whats happening in the game.

and yes I do main akali and I do consider myself pretty **** good.

there is no point to go AD, the spell vamp you get is negligible *AT BEST*.

TheWaveWizard

07-29-2010

Quote:
Heatguyj:
I didn't say there wasn't multiple playstyles. I said there is no denying the fact that you should favor cleanse and merc treads because of the fact that she has no CC and no way of getting out of CC otherwise.

And literally if you argue with me you're arguing against a fact and not an opinion (that she has no CC, not that I favor cleanse/merc treads).

Did I ever say that Akali had CC? Or that she wasn't vulnerable to CC? No. I said that Merc Treads and Cleanse aren't necessary. You're trying to twist my words. Yes, she is susceptible to CC, but so is every melee DPS in the game. Some players still don't feel the absolute need to grab Cleanse.

Saying all Akalis need Cleanse and Merc Treads PERIOD, is idiotic.

PickleChutney

07-29-2010

Sions burst is by going crit AD builds.

The shield and stun are still excellent up to level ~12-14. His stun and shield can deal 400-500 damage. If you build him right you should have around ~45% crit and hit for 120-300 (crit dependant.)

BarbeqdBrwniez

07-29-2010

Quote:
IceDive:
Burst? ANNIE!

Screw that.

If you want burst, play veigar.

Stun/Dark Matter, then cast Baleful/Burst. Late game that is around 3K+ damage, depending on how stacked you got and who you used it on.

SoFFacet

07-29-2010

Quote:
blacryan:

Hextech is bad compared to your other choices. Guinsoo's I feel is a decent item, late game I usually pick 1 up as my last item.

But I feel you cant beat rushing rylai's, then going mercs, sheen/lichbane, then a zhonya's or GA if u get ga then zhonya's then I usually pickup a guinsoo's if I need more DPS or a armor item depending on the match up and whats happening in the game.

At last someone else who gets it. +1

TannerMS

07-29-2010

Quote:
GogglesVK:
Did I ever say that Akali had CC? Or that she wasn't vulnerable to CC? No. I said that Merc Treads and Cleanse aren't necessary. You're trying to twist my words. Yes, she is susceptible to CC, but so is every melee DPS in the game. Some players still don't feel the absolute need to grab Cleanse.

The players that don't feel the need to grab cleanse are playing against bad players. In ranked you can get on without it occasionally.

FolloMeOnTwitch

07-29-2010

Quote:
blacryan:

What makes hextech good is the stacking spell vamp. as well as your auto swings now vamp. as well as if theyre running you ****in shoot em in the ass with damage and a slow.

"oh but but you can get rylais but but"

inc your varying playstyles.

and picking up ginsoos last? your atk speed and damage grows per hit and per skill...and its a steady incline - why get an item like this last when its affects help you the most early?

Also the advantage to hybrid is that even if they stack armor or MR you can get through one side.

GG

FolloMeOnTwitch

07-29-2010

Quote:
GogglesVK:

The reason for getting Cleanse is to get out of stuns.

The reason for getting Merc Treads is to lessen stun/slow durations to have a chance to get away.

Congrats you have boots of swiftness. Too bad ashes arrow is lasting full duration and your increased move speed means jack because now panth is there stunning your face off or morganas hold is lasting full duration. You can substitute any other champ with a CC in that nice scenario I put out there for you.

You're right in some situations you don't need it. Like when no one's around and you're not being focused. Oh wait - that never happens unless you're afking or in the jungle jacking off or not participating in team fights. So it's effing retar ded not to take a free get out of being effed in the a ss card.

And LOL at "you're trying to twist my words" - You didn't even say anything about it or use any of those words - so how am I twisting your words? Furthermore, I was just explaining my point so it had nothing to do with you at all besides the fact that I was talking TO you.

"Yes, she is susceptible to CC, but so is every melee DPS in the game."
I'm loling so hard at that statement. You just countered your own arguement. Trying to advocate that not all players find it necessary to use cleanse but at the same time theyre still susceptible to it?

So even though you can be stunned and will be stunned - people dont feel like addressing it with cleanse?

Now you're just stupid. Thanks for playing. I'll send the short bus to pick you up.

SaulOrNothing

Recruiter

07-29-2010

a good sion is stupid. They outdamage just about any character late game and have some of the best burst as well. Add above average survivability, a reliable stun, and a team heal and I dont see why sion isn't used way more often.

Alamandaros

07-29-2010

Quote:
BarbeqdBrwniez:
Screw that.

If you want burst, play veigar.

Stun/Dark Matter, then cast Baleful/Burst. Late game that is around 3K+ damage, depending on how stacked you got and who you used it on.

Agreed. Iirc Veigar has the highest burst in the game and that's before you factor in his AP farming and his ultimate flattening AP heroes.