Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kings of burst damage, AP Sion or Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senior Recruiter

07-29-2010

Quote:
Heatguyj:
lolllllllll.

There's nothing that varies about Akali not having any way to get out of a CC or having any CC herself. Because thats a fact.

So if there's some way that you can vary a playstyle to get her out of those situations. Please. Enlighten me.

there's always multiple playstyles, the critdinger is still a high ELO favorite

FolloMeOnTwitch

07-29-2010

Quote:
Unregistered:
there's always multiple playstyles, the critdinger is still a high ELO favorite

I didn't say there wasn't multiple playstyles. I said there is no denying the fact that you should favor cleanse and merc treads because of the fact that she has no CC and no way of getting out of CC otherwise.

And literally if you argue with me you're arguing against a fact and not an opinion (that she has no CC, not that I favor cleanse/merc treads).

Also, explain critdinger.

Haruhiist

07-29-2010

I pick Akali, but rather than a burst-killer at the beginning of fights, I tend to wait until the burst is over and either take a small walk around the fight and dash towards (and kill) their caster/burster, or snipe anyone who is left with <70% hp after the mass cc has been tossed out. After that, you keep dashing around so it makes you difficult to get (somewhat) and with the new buff where you get a dash charge with every assist/kill, this actually works.

Sion is boring.

BiggerFish

07-29-2010

Quote:
Heatguyj:
I didn't say there wasn't multiple playstyles. I said there is no denying the fact that you should favor cleanse and merc treads because of the fact that she has no CC and no way of getting out of CC otherwise.

And literally if you argue with me you're arguing against a fact and not an opinion (that she has no CC, not that I favor cleanse/merc treads).

Also, explain critdinger.

you have never felt the horror of a critdinger? wow...

imagine if heimer and trynd had a hideous mutant love child, and then he threw a wrench at you.

FolloMeOnTwitch

07-29-2010

Quote:
BiggerFish:
you have never felt the horror of a critdinger? wow...

imagine if heimer and trynd had a hideous mutant love child, and then he threw a wrench at you.

woo downvotes! don't really care about the actual rating but it's funny that it happens and then they don't explain why. anyways.

and I've never experienced him because he always gets banned lolipops.

Parkinsonian

Recruiter

07-29-2010

There was a thread with the top bursts of each character, and the top combined ability power ratios.

xDiamantx

07-29-2010

Akali has better Burst Than Sion overall, however, Akali has a much higher chance of dying than Sion.

ErdoS The Wise

07-29-2010

AP Sion? Seriously? Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Thats a waste of his ult. Just go hybrid Akali she owns hard.

blacryan

07-29-2010

Quote:
ErdoS The Wise:
AP Sion? Seriously? Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Thats a waste of his ult. Just go hybrid Akali she owns hard.

hybrid akali...

Great way to gimp yourself.

FolloMeOnTwitch

07-29-2010

Quote:
blacryan:
hybrid akali...

Great way to gimp yourself.

what's gimp about it?

Ginsoos - Lich Bane - Hextech Gunblade