Kings of burst damage, AP Sion or Akali?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-29-2010

Hey guys. I'm looking for a character with really good burst damage and i've narrowed down my choices to Sion and akali. Sion has truly sick ap ratios and can be ******edly deadly if he can get hid stun and shield off on you. On the other hand I'd you have banshees or can pop his shield you're SOL. akali on the other hand does really good burst damage and can do it More often than Sion, but is a hell of alot squishier. Which do you guys think will be better?

Nzo

07-29-2010

Why narrow to just those? If you want burst, why not Anivia, Annie, Veigar, Ryze, or Ezreal? Eve has good burst but you'll probably get queue dodged a lot.

But if it has to be between those two, I would say Sion. Sion is a better buy because he is more viable for 3v3 and 5v5. He brings more to a team fight, and he is viable as either AD or AP, which means you can play him different style in case you get bored of one. Akali is good at nuking down a single person, but she doesn't bring a lot to a team fight and is easily countered by a ward, elixir, and she will not live through any CC.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-29-2010

have ezreal, and I play him as an AD carry if we don't have one. I'll look into anivia and Annie, and viegar and ryze don't really interest me.

And is akali relly countered by wards or oracles, all good akalis i've seen use their shroud as a stalling, diversion, or getaway technique instead of a means of attacking

IceDive

07-29-2010

Burst? ANNIE!

Pwnacus Maximus

07-29-2010

But but but she's a little girl D:

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I play Akali. Anyone who uses a ward for an Akali is a ******. I use mine mainly to slow, and to juke in emergencies. I don't rely on it at all.

If you play Akali, you tend to get focused a lot, because you're an easy target, but Boots of Swiftness and Shroud help a ton with getaways.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

Ryze with 40% cdr doesn't even have cooldowns.

FolloMeOnTwitch

07-29-2010

All Akali's should pack cleanse and merc treads PERIOD.

With merc treads and lich bane (or Triforce depending on what you're building for the game) gets you 424 or something around that move speed. Which is faster than probably all champs you'll ever encounter without ghost or some other sort of speed boost.

As for burst with the recent change to her ultimate which gives her charges based on kills/assists its SO much easier for her to get kills. So if one set of rotations doesnt kill someone you have 2 or 3 more chances to make up for it.

As for get aways - initiate behind enemy creep lines so if you really NEED to get away you can dash to an enemy creep toward your tower.

When laning hide in the brush to the side as much as possible and when the enemy champ/creep lines move past you - shroud behind them - when they try to run they either have to go to the river or run through your shroud - win win situation because your laning partner will be able to intercept them if they go to the side and if they run to you - you'll be invis and waiting for them.

I don't know much about sion because I've probably only played with him a handful of times. I know his abilities and such but as for data I can't be certain. All I can think of is if you live through the stun/shield burst and he doesnt have any form of slow you can probably get away in a 1v1. and if you have cleanse forget about it hes no threat. His forte is team fights whereas Akali is an assassin 1v1 queen. Although in team fights if you initiate - throw down shroud - dont get aoed to death - you can usually target a squishy while the other team loses focus on you.

Coming from 120+ games of experience.

TheWaveWizard

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatguyj View Post
All Akali's should pack cleanse and merc treads PERIOD.
Because varying playstyles don't exist, right?

FolloMeOnTwitch

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogglesVK View Post
Because varying playstyles don't exist, right?
lolllllllll.

There's nothing that varies about Akali not having any way to get out of a CC or having any CC herself. Because thats a fact.

So if there's some way that you can vary a playstyle to get her out of those situations. Please. Enlighten me.

12345 ... 8