[GUIDE] Vladimir - The Crimson Reaper of Transylvania!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bot

11-23-2010

This guide will fail in elo over 1000.

First of all, you are stacking entirely too much magic pen. Red + Yellow runes + boots + haunting guise? Most champions (without +MR items) have 30-35 MR at lvl 18. You should build for that, and grab a void staff if you are worried about tanks stacking too much.

Secondly, visage is a very overrated item. And you are building it relatively late, where it has less of an impact.

Third, like previous posters have stated, your spell rotation is pretty off. In a teamfight, you ult when it can make the most impact, not just when coming out of a pool to "finish people off". You ult early, you ult a lot of people, and you spam q and e afterwards. If you get into trouble, or they start to run, thats when you pool.

My vlad build is a little unconventional, it's based on strong farming and defensive play early:

1) dorans shield
2) sorcs boots
3) zhonyas
4) blasting wand
5) blasting wand
6) blasting wand

if i can upgrade any of the wands at a time to rylais, abyssal, or void i will, otherwise i just get another wand.

The build is based on the synergy of the 25% AP bonus from zhonyas and vlads passive. Personally, I would never play vlad withought getting zhonyas early. The bonus, and the use are just too good on him.

blackalicious

12-06-2010

This may have been mentioned, but for people new to vlad or those who do not want to die as easily in early ganks get pool 2nd!

Early game it is a great escape mechanism, and you do not have the best of team play (this should not be the case), you will be very thankful for having it.

Appletard

02-26-2011

I just started playing Vlad. One one hand, he seems very powerful, being a caster who also has lots of health and can lifesteal. Unfortunately, he lacks any sort of crowd control or snares, which makes it very difficult to get kills. Are Exhaust and Ignite really the best choices, considering that Heal would also help Vlad a lot? And how am I supposed to regenerate health in the early game, when I can't just spam Transfusion? I took Doran's Shield at the beginning of one game, but that sets you back and makes it harder to get Rylai's Scepter, which is the only source of slows for Vlad. Help.

Sacull Kinslayer

02-26-2011

If you are learning Vlad I would suggest checking out Mobafire.com and use their guides as most all of them are updated and current. This one specifically is designed to answer many newer Vlad questions. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...s-and-up-18177

However, more to the point at hand. Ignite is an excellent choice for Vlad. But you need an escape spell as well. Most use Ghost (as do I) but Flash can be useful as well.

DO NOT take Heal as Vlad. Seriously. It sounds good and during levels 1-5 it MAY be useful but more times than not it is a wasted spell for Vlad.

Starting items go Amp Tome and Health Potion. Dorans Shield is ok if you are worried about the match up. As is Dorans Ring. But I would seriously consider only ever taking Amp Tome and Health Pot. I have seen some build boots and 3 pots. I suppose that is a personal choice but I am not a fan of it.

Early game play VERY defensive. Only Q to last hit and keep your health up. Auto attack only to last hit. Turret hump if you need to. Once you get to level 7+ you can start playing a little more free. At levels 9-11... profit.

HonkeyBadger

03-22-2011

I just went 9/0/1 with this build on my second match with Vlad, the first time I played Vlad I went 2/9/1. Shows how great this guide is. Thanks.

VincentKrys

03-22-2011

Vladimir is not a vampire, it says so in the lore

JoeLulu

08-27-2011

going to try it