top matchups

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hambone4

02-28-2012

Hello, I'm starting to top lane after a long time in jungle and I'm planing as of now to main on Irelia, Yorick, and Rumble. I was just wondering what favorable match up there were for each of these three?

Katsumojo

02-28-2012

Yorick is great against meele ad bruiser--> trynd, irelia, trundle, etc...
I like Rumble because he is versatile. Sometimes max his spear first and sometimes flamethrower depending on your matchup. This versatility gives him few bad matchups. One counter to rumble that I've experienced is AD nidalee.
Irelia I know less about. However, I would assume that she is best in lane against other sustain champs. Her W makes her incredibly sustainable. Champions that I've had trouble with as irelia include garen, kennen, and wukong . Champions with skillshots (like kennen) can anticipate where you are going to jump and aim accordingly. Champions with quick burst damage (garen) are also tricky. Garen is especially tricky because if you mess up your Q and dont reset its CD you are a sitting duck and he just spins to win.

0jS1Mps0n

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumojo View Post
Yorick is great against meele ad bruiser--> trynd, irelia, trundle, etc...
I like Rumble because he is versatile. Sometimes max his spear first and sometimes flamethrower depending on your matchup. This versatility gives him few bad matchups. One counter to rumble that I've experienced is AD nidalee.
Irelia I know less about. However, I would assume that she is best in lane against other sustain champs. Her W makes her incredibly sustainable. Champions that I've had trouble with as irelia include garen, kennen, and wukong . Champions with skillshots (like kennen) can anticipate where you are going to jump and aim accordingly. Champions with quick burst damage (garen) are also tricky. Garen is especially tricky because if you mess up your Q and dont reset its CD you are a sitting duck and he just spins to win.
I have never faced yoick top as trundle but i heard trundle counters yorick.... trundles passive procs on the death of yorick's ghastly ghouls.