Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Countering Udyr Top Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7thcloud

Recruiter

03-05-2012

shyvana, no idea
irelia, not a chance
renekton, probably. problem is, both heroes fall off hard late game
gangplank, not at all. you might as well just counterpick urself

you need to either break the meta or be ranged

Ormlyr

Recruiter

03-07-2012

Poppy maybe?

TerraEarth

03-07-2012

any hero with either a ranged poke or a strong burst kit. preferably ranged burst. most traditional ap casters do very very well against udyr

LichKingRaider

03-07-2012

Rumble

Wayneomac

03-07-2012

Whoever said yorick is wrong its completly the other way around. A good turtle udyr will have no trouble with yorick and once he gets wriggles he will be near impossible to push out of the lane. Udyr is one of the few counters to yorick top lane.

Pyrozen

03-07-2012

GAREN

drag him to brush

fight.

Nolimitz75

03-07-2012

Quote:
JxC:
top lane udyr is just as potent as jungle udyr. it's just jungle udyr is so good compared with most other junglers that the bar is set higher.

That is exactly what I meant by saying he is a better jungler. Don't overanalyze what people say so much lol

JxC

03-07-2012

Quote:
Nolimitz75:
That is exactly what I meant by saying he is a better jungler. Don't overanalyze what people say so much lol

i'm not over-analyzing. you said udyr is better at jungling but he's not. he's nearly identical both in jungle and in lane, the only difference is the "competition" in their respective roles. there are much more potent solo tops than there are junglers. lastly, i didnt quote you to offend you, i was just pointing out a common misconception.

DarkJuggalo

03-07-2012

shen rips udyr too

XZerkGatsuX

03-08-2012

Gragas too i have destroy all top lane with fatboy no matter if its 1 vs 1, or 1 vs 2