20 Minute Surrender is far too long (Part 2)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

garathk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Your original thread was probably just downvoted to oblivion. 20 minutes is too short if anything.

Catches Axes

02-29-2012

If your team wants to surrender, your team wants to surrender. The argument that there should be no surrender option is a totally separate one from how long the timer should be.

10 minutes is very occasionally enough to know that the game isn't worth playing. 20 minutes of being stuck with an intentional feeder or an afker (or two afkers!) is just a painful waste of the time. And sometimes that kassadin scored 10 kills in 12 minutes, and waiting 8 more minutes is just plain pointless.

P.s. if you do the "we have afkers, please push mid to win" thing and someone is feeling peevish (and lets face it, someone is likely to be feeling peevish at this point) and reports, you're "helping the enemy team" and it's a punishable offense.

Alternate approach: If you have a leaver, immediately light up the surrender option.

d4l3kcaan

02-29-2012

id agree if someone quits befor 5 min to be able to surrender by 15

MaebeKnot

03-01-2012

I don't see to many afks or dcs. If they dc its bc of something out of their hands. If you get high enough elo (or hidden elo) you are less likely to get stupid ppl. Learn to win your lane and you will win games and find that you hate the 20min timer bc it ends a fun game you were winning sooner then you wanted it to.

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaRioCed View Post
It was probably closed because it's a terrible idea. I already get ticked off when my team surrenders a game at 20:00 just because we're 3 kills behind. I get even more ticked when we surrender a game where 1 champ like Rumble or LB got fed instead of waiting it out for our lategame with Vayne and Ahri.

If anything I'd like no or longer surrender timers.
I have games 20 kills behind. I tank hopped a turret with full health... It distracted the team threw a ward up, B'd, Tele'd back destroyed another and a inhibitor... It can win you the game. It did for more...

What I hate most is when top lane gets to the turret with a full spawn of minions and decide to go mid.... like... Does anyone understand how this game works?

Jmr100

03-01-2012

20 is fine

Hellow

03-01-2012

20min is fine. if ur team is so bad that theyre at ur inhib before 20min that jus mean u suck dud

SteelHeal

03-01-2012

your mindset should be on winning and ways you can help your team win. if you start focusing on how hopeless a game is or if you're just waiting for a chance to surrender then you obviously aren't focused on actually trying to win

Butterednuts

03-01-2012

No info in the OP. Not taking this thread seriously.

NekoAzusa

03-01-2012

I think that the matching of solo que should be influenced by how many times someone has voted yes on surrender then all the people who want to surrender all the time can go right ahead. I hate it when people have this mindset.