Preparing for Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyosun

03-02-2012

There's one easy to thing to do get used to ranked games. Watch solomid's streams. Get a feel for the competitive environment. There's a lot of stuff you pick up on watching games.

Deinbeck

03-02-2012

The champs you play make a big difference.

The problem with solo queue low elo ranked is you can't depend on your team.

You also need to expect ppl to make ****** picks, or you might need to fill roles based on what other ppl pick.

Don't be afraid to play support either. Taric and Sona are both really strong picks in low elo.

Zyberb

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RG3 View Post
6b.) Don't be "that guy who pings".

Many of us do look at the minimap. We appreciate the pings. One ping is sufficient. Five consecutive pings makes your pings sound less important.
The one exception to this is if your lane going MIA and you see them headed to another lane. Three pings to indicate their direction of travel is usually a lot more effective than saying "Mid Mia" or "Mid going bot" (since that can also be missed) as well as it's a lot faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deinbeck View Post
Don't be afraid to play support either. Taric and Sona are both really strong picks in low elo.
The main supports Taric, Sona, Soraka, Janna are all good at all ELO's, not just low.

BlazingArchAngel

03-02-2012

Hey guys, I just started playing ranked games and I do fairly well. But I feel like I could do better if I could team up with people I know are competent players. Could someone tell me where to go to find a ranked team to join or a guild or something with people that play ranked.

i placed near 1300 elo and I usually play mid, but I can do top or bot just with less effective runes.
please let me know so I can start playing like I'm suppose to. It stinks not being able to chat on vent with a team and have good time while in ranked.