HoN vs. LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Engelhardt

02-27-2012

Alright so I'm thinking of trying HoN for no real reason. Not pledging my allegiance to either or anything, but what can you fellas tell me about the pros and cons of HoN? Besides the communities that is. Both are **** I know (I've heard HoN's is worse)

Girofalcon

02-27-2012

LoL is angelic up against HoN

Sikkes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

No one minds if you have an affair with HoN

It just means you're easy.

HuskyRedz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Stop making stupid comparisons. Both are different games. But to answer your question, HoN does not require pre-game builds such as runes. HoN allows you to get extra content, such as skins and a different announcer, without paying, but they are a tad expensive.

Kenesu011

02-27-2012

HoN isn't as easy to pick up and turrets are like minions. They dont do much at all to you so expect alot of tower diving, other than that i cant remember too much of what else is different.

John McCain

02-27-2012

hon is for casuals play dota 2

Owlstar

02-27-2012

Whatever responses you get are going to be very biased so you probably aren't going to get good responses. They are two completely different games, with the same genre. That's the best I can say.

Biggest difference is the stat system
Dota and HoN has strength, agility, and intelligence. They also have armor and health of course

LoL has AD, AP, Armor, MR, APEN, ARPEN, etc.

ThaDean

02-27-2012

HoN has better graphics, but more defined roles (Carries suck more early, but rape harder late, mages are mid-game monsters, dedicated CC'ers routinely have 4 second stuns). Generally, if you f*** up one time in HoN, you die. And, because you lose gold when you die in HoN, one death generally means you lose your lane.

You are welcome to try it, as I have, but you'll probably come running back to the league.

XhyHzy

02-27-2012

Pros: None

Cons: It's Dota but worse.

Suggestion: Wait for dota 2 or geta Dota 2 invite and enjoy the same experience but better with all the champions unlocked (Like I did and i must say i love dota 2) OR stick with lol.

Yours truly,
~A former Hon Player

JuanDeages

02-27-2012

HoN is pretty fun. My duo buddy and I play a few games every now and then. HoN is a lot harder though. Teamfights are a lot shorter, because everything deals more damage, last hitting is harder, you lose gold for dying, and you can be denied towers and creeps. It takes some getting used to, but it has some cool champs that LoL doesn't really have, like mah boi Flux. I'm not very good at it, but its nice to play something different every now and then.