Shadow of the Duelist [Short Fiora/ Talon story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

02-27-2012

[CENTER]Shadow of the Duelist[/CENTER]

The sparring hall of the Institute of War was quiet save for the rhythmic breathing of two champions who were standing a short distance apart from one another. One was a raven haired beauty; etched grieves that extended to her mid thighs protected her shapely legs, whilst a gilded breastplate wrapped around her chest. A cape sectioned into three slender parts draped down from her left shoulder and partially concealed her arm. Her body was encased in a tight fitting leather suit that hugged the curves of her body while her armors enjoyed a layer of fitted metal armor over that.

Ten feet away from the Grand Duelist stood the Blade's Shadow, his trademark weapon was already on his arm, the wicked edges of the blade glinting in the light cast off by the numerous torches that lit the chamber. His face was partially obscured by the shadow his hood cast. He was garbed in dark purple clothing, heavy leather straps crossed his chest, securing the section of armor that protected his left shoulder as well as the infamous bladed cloak he wore. The two pieces of metal protected the majority of Talon's upper arm while a heavy steel vambrace protected the rest. A smirk spread across the assassin's face as he pace a couple of steps, no sound coming from the heavy grieves that protected his lower legs and knees.

“I desire a worthy opponent”, Fiora's voice carried the heavy accent of Demacian nobility. In one quick motion she drew her rapier from its scabbard, and with a flourish she brought the sword up in a salute before readying her combat stance. A smirk spread across her face as she tucked her left arm to the small of her back and turned to the side, presenting the smallest profile she could to her opponent.

"This is no challenge." came Talon's response in a calculating voice, his cloak rustled slightly as he lowered his stance. Where Fiora kept her weapon before her in anticipation of a strike, Talon kept his large blade in reserve until the opportunity to strike came. Across from Fiora stood her opposite in every regard. Where Fiora was refined and sophisticated and born into noble and supportive family, Talon had no such fortune surrounding him. The Blade's Shadow was a child whose parents where the cold stone wall at his back and the protective bite of the steel in his hand. Whist Fiora was aspiring to become a master duelist such as her father was, and had the money and teachers to provide her with such education and training. However, Talon's only aspiration was to be strong, “The strongest find their way out of the gutter “ were words that pushed him forward each day, and each day there were more bodies for the gutter.

“En garde!” Fiora snapped as she lunged forward with such speed she that Talon had little time to react to avoid being run through. He twisted his body as his stance dropped, the blades on his cloak sweeping through the air where Fiora's torso occupied a second later. She was fast, much faster that he had anticipated. Talon frowned as the duelist flourished her weapon once more. “I have no equal”, a self righteous smirk spread across her face as she stared the assassin down.

“Don't cross me” Talon growled out as he readied himself for her next attack. “Next attack, piercing lunge to my unprotected side”, he ran his prediction through his head at the same time he readied his body to react to her next strike. Fiora lunged with incredible speed, but this time he was ready. Talon disappeared into the shadows for but a fraction of a second before appearing behind her his blade already striking for the kill.

In the fraction of a second it took for Talon's blade to traverse the distance between them Fiora had reacted, the force she deflected his assault was so great that is caused the leather straps securing his arm blade to break and send the weapon sailing to the side. White hot pain froze the assassin in place as he felt the blade of Fiora's rapier plunge hilt deep into his abdomen.

“I like you, I hate to kill you”, a victorious grin spread across the face of the duelist, “I remain undefeated”

Talon placed his hands on both sides of her face and gazed into her ocean blue eyes, his own grin spreading across his face. “Live and die by the blade”, his voice was coy, a small stream of blood trickling from the corner of his mouth.

A bewildered look spread across Fiora's face, his tone of voice confused her. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off before she could utter a single syllable, six sharp blades impacted her in the back with such force that is send the both of them crumpling to the ground.

“A draw? You've got to be kidding me!”, the Weaponmaster, Jax, stood in the corner of the sparring room with a half eaten slice of cake. “I want my money back!”

Ask Talon

02-27-2012

<.< Comment people! >.>

Still Eternity

02-27-2012

I liked it! It was kinda cute. Wasn't completely expecting the Draw, so that's a plus. Very nicely done sir.

Ask Talon

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Eternity View Post
I liked it! It was kinda cute. Wasn't completely expecting the Draw, so that's a plus. Very nicely done sir.
Im going to clean it up and add some more tomorrow xD

Keaton Lee

02-27-2012

BAHAHA, Jax XD Well played.

Ask Talon

02-29-2012

Should I work on this more? Make it into a full fledged story?

WexAndywn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-29-2012

Jax's part was the best. No doubt.

JustPure

02-29-2012

Epic story!

Maybe do a series of these mini-battles

I Thunderclese I

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Haha. Sounds kind of like top lane on summoner's rift (minus the extra Jax of course). Very nicely done

Ask Fìora

03-02-2012

Talon just got lucky with that last manuver. A delayed attack, hmph! Next time he shall be felled much quicker.

[OOC] Awesome Loved the read! [/OOC]