Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good or bad idea for a team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rbo

02-27-2012

First off, the most important thing here is that we aren't ranked, or anywhere near there. Our average is about level 8.

Yesterday, we decided to troll and played tanks: Sion, Taric, and Mundo. The end result was that we won easily after feeding a little in the first few minutes. By endgame, we were basically invincible. We won a 3v3 teamfight in their base without the help of any minions on our side, and the Nexus turret was hitting us the whole time.

So in general, would this be a decent 3v3 team at low levels? Obviously it wouldn't work well in ranked, but for our level it's really fun to do (3 fat guys running around), and seems to be hard to counter.

Your opinions? Were we just lucky? (it was against a Miss Fortune, Vladimir, and Anivia)

pochoclotot

02-27-2012

As soon as people start poking you, you'll have a problem. You have no range, which won't be problematic for a few more levels, but if you run into a team with anyone with decent kiting you might have issues getting farmed or maybe even holding a lane.

Quick Rawr

02-27-2012

Swap out Taric for someone AP based (I'm assuming you build Sion AD in TT with your current team composition).

Cho'Gath would be a good substitute if you're wanting to stick to tank based.

Saiyushu

02-27-2012

At low levels, play whatever you find fun. Before lv20, champions practically don't matter and it's all about the players. I would recommend trying out all the free champs every week though, it helps you learn their weaknesses even if you don't plan on playing them.

D4RK3W0LF

02-28-2012

Quote:
Saiyushu:
At low levels, play whatever you find fun. Before lv20, champions practically don't matter and it's all about the players. I would recommend trying out all the free champs every week though, it helps you learn their weaknesses even if you don't plan on playing them.

this.

Lertan

02-28-2012

ranged and CC will ultimately shred that team. Granted, you have two stuns, but any decent team will not let you get close enough to make the most of it.

As said, taric is your main weak link there; swap him for an AP and you're set. Cho'gath, morgana and ryze are pretty good options for tankier champs.

krone6

02-28-2012

Quote:
xRonbo:
First off, the most important thing here is that we aren't ranked, or anywhere near there. Our average is about level 8.

Yesterday, we decided to troll and played tanks: Sion, Taric, and Mundo. The end result was that we won easily after feeding a little in the first few minutes. By endgame, we were basically invincible. We won a 3v3 teamfight in their base without the help of any minions on our side, and the Nexus turret was hitting us the whole time.

So in general, would this be a decent 3v3 team at low levels? Obviously it wouldn't work well in ranked, but for our level it's really fun to do (3 fat guys running around), and seems to be hard to counter.

Your opinions? Were we just lucky? (it was against a Miss Fortune, Vladimir, and Anivia)

counter: Bloodrazor+Atkspd+Crits = Bye health

I love it when people build hp... I just smash that hp with a single item that includes easy minion killing, atk spd, and dmg..

Quick Rawr

02-28-2012

Quote:
krone6:
counter: Bloodrazor+Atkspd+Crits = Bye health

I love it when people build hp... I just smash that hp with a single item that includes easy minion killing, atk spd, and dmg..

That is countered by building defenses and having CC. Bloodrazor isn't an instant wingame item like people act like it is. Having played Cho'Gath most of the time for the past couple of weeks, I've seen quite a few peeps build Madred's in an attempt to "easy mode" my Cho and it just isn't as instakill as peeps act like it is.