What exactly IS elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murph And Surf

03-01-2012

Sounds like some major QQ here O.o

TehJackAttack

03-02-2012

The definition of ELO hell (as I understand it) is losing enough games to where you're placed in a group with lower skill level players (or other players who fell into ELO hell).

By definition though, the other team has the same chance to have those poor players as matchmaking is based on the group's ELO as a whole, correct?

Your mindset is CRITICAL to escaping ELO hell. I would go so far as to say your communication with your team before the game is the most important phase of the game. Even when you get those auto-lockers or someone you are SURE is trolling, talk to them nicely about it! Ask what you can do to help them with their interesting strategy.

tl;dr: Attitude and positive team communication > Bad players and trolls

Crashpoint

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouVertica View Post
If i'm correct, do you actually lose more elo than if you win?

Seems a bit ridiculous considering that if you don't get good teamates you will consistently be in the same bracket.......
Elo Hell is an attitude... most commonly found at the lower end of teh elo ladder. Players do not care about team composition, do not respect their team mates, and just rage over petty things. Lack of communication also contributes to elo hell. You would join que and ask your team what roles they want to play, there would be absolute silence and then you would end up with 2 ad carries. Its an attitude more than an actual elo score because this happens at 1300 eloa above as well. I've been in elo hell for awhile, but I can say, the first step to getting out of it is to first change yourself and your own attitude towards the game. Respect other players and try to encourage.

cerealsmok3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

depends where your ELO is at currently

parnellyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

ELO Hell doesnt exist. Its a belief that im better than everyone here and im losing because of them. This is not the case. Ive EASILY carried myself from 800-1200 in a few months.