High ELO Dominion LIVE Stream!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanilla Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

I just wanted to post about a negative experience I had with you.

I had joined an ARAB custom game just to wind down and have some chaotic random fun. At the lobby, the host listed the rules: no snowballs, no revive, etc. When the champion select screen came up (revealing the randoms we were assigned) I had ended up with Katarina! I was excited. After a little bit, you requested a swap for your Sion. I recognized your name and had watched your stream before, knowing you were a skilled player I traded with you, even though I wasn't excited about Sion on a team where my team was 4 AP casters.

I asked in chat what summoner spells were good to take on Sion, as I rarely play ARABs,and I likely wouldn't build him AP either, so I was especially unfamiliar with what would be good. I had my summoners from my last Dominion game still up as I didn't know what to change to yet, which included a revive. No one gave me advice on what I should take, instead you start spamming the chat:
No revives vanilla
No revive
Cmon man no revive
No revive dude

I responded:
"I know. What should I take on Sion instead?"
Keep in mind I had less time to decide since I tried to be nice by trading you for the champ that YOU wanted. Still I was ignored by my whole team.
But my question got shoved up by the scrolling chat and buried by more messages from you:

Don't be a díck
Cmon don't ruin the game for 9 people
No revives
Don't be a díck just change it
Come on change it dude
Stop being a díck
Why you have to be a díck no revives

I tried to respond again, but it got buried once more. I picked something else with no input from my team before the timer reached 0. But by then the team morale and enjoyment of the game were all gone.

I traded you for the champion you wanted, and I'M A D|CK? Geez.

I WANTED us to win. I WANTED our team to do well and have a balance of builds and summoners. I WANTED to work with everyone and have some fun. You seem like a chill guy, I like your steam, and this was probably just a misunderstanding or something. But next time just try to listen and be nicer to your teammates. It will go a long way and mean a lot to people.

Nekrogen

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Squid View Post

I had joined an ARAB custom game just to wind down and have some chaotic random fun. At the lobby, the host listed the rules: no snowballs, no revive, etc. When the champion select screen came up (revealing the randoms we were assigned) I had ended up with Katarina! I was excited. After a little bit, you requested a swap for your Sion. I recognized your name and had watched your stream before, knowing you were a skilled player I traded with you, even though I wasn't excited about Sion on a team where my team was 4 AP casters.

I asked in chat what summoner spells were good to take on Sion, as I rarely play ARABs,and I likely wouldn't build him AP either, so I was especially unfamiliar with what would be good. I had my summoners from my last Dominion game still up as I didn't know what to change to yet, which included a revive. No one gave me advice on what I should take, instead you start spamming the chat:
No revives vanilla
No revive
Cmon man no revive
No revive dude

I responded:
Keep in mind I had less time to decide since I tried to be nice by trading you for the champ that YOU wanted. Still I was ignored by my whole team.
But my question got shoved up by the scrolling chat and buried by more messages from you:

Don't be a díck
No revives
Come on change it dude
Stop being a díck

I tried to respond again, but it got buried once more. I picked something else with no input from my team before the timer reached 0. But by then the team morale and enjoyment of the game were all gone.

I WANTED us to win. I WANTED our team to do well and have a balance of builds and summoners. I WANTED to work with everyone and have some fun. You seem like a chill guy, I like your steam, and this was probably just a misunderstanding or something. But next time just try to listen and be nicer to your teammates. It will go a long way and mean a lot to people.
Last time I checked, Revive wasn't allowed on ARAM or ARAB. It's simply a rule implemented by the LoL community (and enforced on the proving grounds).

Sure Feedski could have reacted better, but that's probably how the whole team felt at the time too.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Squid View Post

No revives vanilla
No revive
Cmon man no revive
No revive dude

I responded:

Don't be a díck
No revives
Come on change it dude
Stop being a díck

Oh hi. I remember you. And you're not adding a lot of important info! You're making it sound like I was saying

"Don't be a díck
No revives
Come on change it dude
Stop being a díck
"

In the champion select. But no sir. I said that AFTER you USED revive. Sorry you're angry with whatever you're angry with. But you used the revive in the game, regardless of if you got the wrong summoner spells. I understand not everyone may be able to switch in time and what not, the only reason I would say "no revive" is because it's simply a rule and I wasn't sure you knew the rule. The reason I said don't be a d*ck and what not, is because you actually did use the revive after knowing it wasn't allowed. Good job leaving a lot important information out!

However, I appreciate you trading me the champion I wanted just because you recognized my name, but that's not necessary! If I offer a trade in champion select, I don't expect someone to trade me just because they notice my name. That game mode is meant for fun, don't feel obligated to trade for a champion you don't want.

EDIT: Also, I don't think I have ever spelt "come on" as "cmon". I'm not THAT lazy.

EDIT 2: Which leads me to the question. If you had time to read everything I "said" in the lobby, how did you not have enough time to change your summoner spells? That's 7 lines of reading vs. 1 second of clicking.

DD Tootulz

07-12-2012

Just read through this, and it doesn't really make sense...TheFeedski would give useful information to players even if they didn't ask for it.

DG TheFeedski

08-02-2012

Live at Quakecon! Except in my hotel room...

DG TheFeedski

08-31-2012

Live for a short while.