[NEW item SUGGESTION] - ECHO WARD (consumable)

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPEKTR1986

03-14-2012

any other opinions?

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Implement these at 40 gold each, and remove the sound from the ping to make it less obvious.

Would make Supports' life a lot easier.

Tahald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

I really love the idea.
I'm playing soraka a lot, i love to start with regroth pendant, but i have to waste 2 masteries point to buy a ward( point for 2 gold per/10 sec isn't counted), if it cost 60 it would save me 1 masterie point and a lot of gold during the lanning phase.

Most of the time i don't really want to know how's ganking me, i just want to know how ganking me.( because it always the jungler or the one wich is mia)

SPEKTR1986

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Implement these at 40 gold each, and remove the sound from the ping to make it less obvious.

Would make Supports' life a lot easier.
Thank you for opinion!
yea, probably there will be no sound just dots (so it rely totally on player's map awareness)
the thing I am afraid if it will be 40g it could break the game: everyone will start to buy it and place all over the map.

SPEKTR1986

03-17-2012

any other?

SPEKTR1986

03-20-2012

1800 views!

SPEKTR1986

03-22-2012

2000 views!

SPEKTR1986

03-24-2012

2300 views!

bahamutkaiser

03-26-2012

Sounds great, actually mentioned something similar several times when addressing stealth issues and overcoming the binary nature of overcoming stealth in the game, having a cheap way to protect yourself from hidden units without fully countering them, in itself overcomes the binary nature all by itself.

Though, I had suggested that such wards replace vision wards and detect all objects (not revealing), wile oracles could be replaced with consumable dust that must be used with the new ward to actually reveal stealthed effects so they can be struck.

It's quite a steep change to the gameplay, but I feel the reduced cost of watching your flanks and protecting against stealth would improve the role of supports, and temporary stealth revealing dust would also be less binary for stealth countering as well as prohibit effective ward sweeping, which has honestly become too effective in the current meta.

These same effects would be very interesting on skills and activatable items as well. And wile I love the idea of calling them echo wards, I thing Sonar wards is even cooler.

SPEKTR1986

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutkaiser View Post
Sounds great, actually mentioned something similar several times when addressing stealth issues and overcoming the binary nature of overcoming stealth in the game, having a cheap way to protect yourself from hidden units without fully countering them, in itself overcomes the binary nature all by itself.

Though, I had suggested that such wards replace vision wards and detect all objects (not revealing), wile oracles could be replaced with consumable dust that must be used with the new ward to actually reveal stealthed effects so they can be struck.

It's quite a steep change to the gameplay, but I feel the reduced cost of watching your flanks and protecting against stealth would improve the role of supports, and temporary stealth revealing dust would also be less binary for stealth countering as well as prohibit effective ward sweeping, which has honestly become too effective in the current meta.

These same effects would be very interesting on skills and activatable items as well. And wile I love the idea of calling them echo wards, I thing Sonar wards is even cooler.
thank you for response.

I chose ECHO just to make good sound - ECHO WARD
but if RIOT would like to name it other way, i.e. SONAR WARD - I don't mind!

The only thing I can ask, no, not IP/RP (or money, champ, skins, ..), can RIOT give credits by whom idea were inspired.

NOT ONLY ME, also all other people who suggested it before!
of course if RIOT willing to create this item!

1234567 ... 13