"Troll" builds that actually work?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

02-27-2012

Hello summoners, let's share our uncommon builds that actually work and make your teammates go through the effort of telling you that you're going to be reported before they see you carry.

I know of:

- AD Rammus (high survivability, awesome gap closer, armor to damage conversion, taunt + armor reduction). Takes a while to kick in, but after you get PD + IE you can 1vs1 pretty much anyone with your true damage crits and you will be threatening even when the enemy team will stack armor.
- AD Lux with Sorcerer's Shoes - get benefits from the AP side early game (mostly from passive as you'll be going to auto-attack anyway for maximum damage), carry late game with your typical AD items. Rush Wit's End for additional lulz.
- AD Annie - safer farm than AD Lux and how many AD carries have shields that increase the resist, not to mention AoE Stun?
- Cho'gath with Wit's End/Malady/Sorcerer's Shoes/either Rylai or Mallet/Atmas/Frozen Heart. Great synergy with his E, which most people does not expect, slow from items and your natural CC will make sure that your target won't escape easly.
- AP Skarner with Lichbane - hard to actually pull it off, but when you do everything dies while you deal TONS of damage with your proc and get little damage in return due to AP scaling on W.
- Dunkmaster Yi - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hPU9Ru1ftw - looks funny, but when 700 MS and 40% crit chance Yi with red buff is chasing you believe me, IT'S NOT FUNNY.
- GP5 meta breaker - http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=17797

Do you know of anything else worth trying?

Tipee

02-27-2012

Triple supports works wonders : http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...etagame-147148

D00MMAKER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

get dunked nooblord

Madfriar

02-27-2012

I thought you said troll builds that work? Those were just troll builds.

AP Kog would be an example of a troll build that works. AD Lux is not in any way comparable or as useful as AP Kog.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madfriar View Post
I thought you said troll builds that work? Those were just troll builds.
When I said "troll build that actually works" I meant a build that can be considered "legit", unlike AP Garen ("it's funny because none of his skills scale with AP and yet you're buying it! LOL") or Twisted Fate stacking Berserker's Greaves.

It doesn't have to be the best option available for a certain role, it just has to either a) be unknown to the masses, b) something barely making sense (like you said, AD Lux isn't the best choice, but I still like to play it and I can play her on par with proper AD Carries, at least on my level).

I'm just trying to find new, uncommon ways to play some champions. Take chu8 for example: he build Maokai with Trinity Force. I'm more than sure that he heard "lol TF on Mao? ur nub I repor u". And yet, it works for him.

Just Get Better

02-27-2012

AD janna
AP taric
AD malzahar
does AP yi count?
pwndo

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

best troll biuld "eve"

Bork9128

02-27-2012

stacking RoA on singed works well

Madfriar

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopelcat View Post
When I said "troll build that actually works" I meant a build that can be considered "legit", unlike AP Garen ("it's funny because none of his skills scale with AP and yet you're buying it! LOL") or Twisted Fate stacking Berserker's Greaves.

It doesn't have to be the best option available for a certain role, it just has to either a) be unknown to the masses, b) something barely making sense (like you said, AD Lux isn't the best choice, but I still like to play it and I can play her on par with proper AD Carries, at least on my level).

I'm just trying to find new, uncommon ways to play some champions. Take chu8 for example: he build Maokai with Trinity Force. I'm more than sure that he heard "lol TF on Mao? ur nub I repor u". And yet, it works for him.
Well yea I can understand your stance better with that explanation. But the TF Mao build was something that was legit and won him ranked matches with skilled players because they were unable to deal with him.

Something like AD Lux would not be a choice for a ranked game but more for having a fun time in a normal game. In that case, all examples you provided are legit but it's under a different understanding than what i was considering "troll builds that work".

Aemon Darkstar

02-27-2012

AP Kog works.
As does AD Taric (especially vs AD bruisers top).
AD Alistar is scary.
AD Cho is equally scary, most suited to jungle Chos.

12345 ... 9