All Chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fouroux

07-28-2010

Does this game really need /All Chat?

I mean the only reason it's there is for people to trash talk to players who are just playing a game. I would like someone to point out one thing that would be missed or would hinder the game if All Chat was removed. "Summoners Code" bull****. Having All Chat will always make the Summoner's Code a huge waste of time. Mainly due to this. I came here from DotA because of the massive amounts of kids who talk trash in any given situation. Now I just found out that all these kids are on this game now. There is no point or reason for two opposing teams to communicate.

So do people want to read constant "LOL U MAD BRO?" every time you play a game? Or can we do away with this unnecessary part of the game?

Ganoniel

07-28-2010

This "Summoner's Code" is completely non-existent from my experience and time playing this game, its just as bad as DotA and HoN and one of my greatest reasons why playing solo Practice is much better than playing the actual game with other players.

JunKx

07-28-2010

i want an option to turn off all chat...not just "all chat" but everything

Rhonesnipe

07-28-2010

Consider the following: I like to play Ashe. Sometimes I get another Ashe on the other end of the middle lane and we have a hell of a ditto going on. I would like to compliment my opponent in good faith, or perhaps communicate in some way about playing another match next.

Not every form of communication in this game has to be bad, if you work with that mindset you are part of the problem.

Heyokah

07-29-2010

I would not cut off my nose to spite my face. Sometimes the few noble players that remain like to talk, "enemies" or not - sometimes to make a joke, sometimes to let the enemy team know of a situation that's affecting EVERYONE'S game, and sometimes just to pay our respects for a well played hand.

I've had players on the other team friend request me after the match. I enjoy this kind of open good sportsmanship, and removing chat would turn people into apes. It would be a step backward. Frankly, I think the idea of being muted without good cause is horrible - although I have played games with in-game voice where someone would just grief over the mic and I DO understand muting voice.

Draokn

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
i want an option to turn off all chat...not just "all chat" but everything
if you type /mute, it mutes every1(this is comming from the new guy who doesn't know how to all chat)

Moridin239

01-06-2011

@Draokn:

To all chat in-game, you either type /all before your text, or hold Shift+Enter to immediately type in all-chat.

I don't know why this topic keeps popping up, seeing as there's another just like it.

If you feel like you don't want to hear someone being an idiot over all-chat, ignore him. You can do this via /ignore <playername> I think. If you type /ignore enemy, you ignore ALL members of the enemy team. If you type /mute, you ignore everyone, including your own team (I find this incredibly stupid, because this results in no communication at all except for pings, but that's your choice).

GoingVinsane

06-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonesnipe View Post
Consider the following: I like to play Ashe. Sometimes I get another Ashe on the other end of the middle lane and we have a hell of a ditto going on. I would like to compliment my opponent in good faith, or perhaps communicate in some way about playing another match next.

Not every form of communication in this game has to be bad, if you work with that mindset you are part of the problem.
Why waste time typing to them in game? Just compliment them in the after game chat and friend them there.