Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Summoner's Rift (Summer) Music Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sehnder

10-17-2009

Lest you misunderstand what I am getting at, from a purely auditory perspective I really like the music. Really, it is a very powerful score, and I think it is better put together as a piece than the previous one.

However...

I think it is a bit too somber. I'm pretty eclectic when it comes to music, so I don't think it is any bias against the particular musical style. Rather, the music is of such a reflective nature that it conjures mental imagery of being engaged in a hopeless combat, the aftermath of a tragic battle, or a sadly unnecessary conflict that could have been avoided.

I was curious what everyone else had to say on the music. As is, it feels like it should switch to this music around the time all your turrets are down and you are struggling to fend off the enemy from your final inhibitor. Again, I enjoy the music and think there is definitely a place for it, but overall I think the aire of sadness could be toned down.

MrHoohah

10-17-2009

Hit the nail right on the head in my opinion. It's too sad whereas it should be more imposing and/or ominous; something that flows well coming in from the new (awesome) loadout screen countdown music.

Also, I've loved the concept of event-specific music since Zone of the Enders. It adds a lot to a game.

Salacavalini

10-18-2009

Music scaling to how badly or well you're doing? Great suggestion.

As for the sadness of the new music - well, I agree. But I also love it. I'd be seriously disappointed if it were removed altogether.

I do realize many players don't like to listen to game music at all, but I do. This is a good piece.