AskUdyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrozen View Post
This response killed me a little inside. Since I thought every animal had an honorable spirit.

I guess I can't blame Ionians, Badgers doesn't seem to have the required balance to be classified as honorable animals.
We spoke perhaps a little hastily, your question has been asked by many unofficially and it is a bit of a sore spot. Let us explain in more detail.

Any animal is honorable, but it is about the representation they can present. Ionia has a select Zodiac from which all of creation bloomed forth. If you speak of ferocity, then both the tiger and the bear exude this much more than the badger, if you speak of tenacity then which animal is greater than the turtle? We could go on, but we think the point has been made.

It is Ionian belief that from the Zodiac other creatures were created, hence why there are the "honorable" ones and the, for the lack of a better definition, "not as honorable". You are comparing animals to the literal gods that created them.

With all of this in mind, we must admit it escapes us how there is no shark 'stance'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyJackTheBard View Post
Udyr,

Are there any stances that you are capable of using off the Fields of Justice that they do not allow you to use normally?

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover
Yes and no. An example is the monkey 'stance', you summoners have it as...what do you call it again...a "passive" ability? When in truth that is how all our 'stances' should be.

As you may know, we have no ultimate technique, some summoners have professed that it is because we have some kind of energy beam attack. We are not magi, we do not shoot bright lights and sparkles.

With this in mind, it causes a great mental and physical strain on us to combine our auras, but for a scant moment just imagine being able to use the Bear, Tiger, Phoenix and Turtle all at the same time in a single strike. We are capable of doing so, but we are not allowed.

When we were first inducted into the League, they asked us to show them the limits of our power, we did and we destroyed a portion of Summoner's Rift and caused our summoner to fall into a coma. Because the monkey 'stance' is so akin to human, it causes the least amount of strain when combined with our other auras and thus we are allowed to use it.

We will tell you if we ever gain more blessings. And by tell, we mean beat our fists into the faces of other foolhardy champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrozen View Post
As Udyr said he doesn't learn stances, he learns animal spirits who bless him with their spirit and become housed within his spirit.

But this called my attention... Is there a Dragon ''stance''?

I don't know if you classify dragons as animals or dragonkin.
Yes, there is a Dragon ‘stance’. No matter what some pompous animals may say, dragons are a type of animal. The dragon in Demacia culture is this crude, brutish monstrosity that represents power, greed and immortality. This is somewhat true in Ionian culture in that It represents power and immortality, but we have him named as the great Creator. It was the Dragon who created things as they should be, and divided Its power up among the Zodiac.

The Dragon spirit is the greatest blessing to achieve, and Its blessing can almost only be achieved once every other animal spirit has granted their blessing onto a being.

We are surprised you did not realize this yourself, after all, a fellow Champion has already achieved this state. We discovered this ourselves with empirical evidence. He says the Dragon sometimes calls Itself Perring for some strange reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jax View Post
Udyr,

What is your Breakfast of Champions?

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
Jax,it is an honor to hear from the self-proclaimed champion himself. Since we are many, our breakfast is vast.

Our breakfast consists of any wild game we are able to hunt and catch, two trout, a pile of birdseed, three bunches of bananas and we have a particular love of the wild berries that grow in the forests of the Institute.

Keep in mind, any and all meat we do catch is cooked. We ate raw meat once when we were young. Wrenching your gut in the middle of the forest is most definitely not the breakfast of champions, or intellectuals.

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
Jax,it is an honor to hear from the self-proclaimed champion himself. Since we are many, our breakfast is vast.

Our breakfast consists of any wild game we are able to hunt and catch, two trout, a pile of birdseed, three bunches of bananas and we have a particular love of the wild berries that grow in the forests of the Institute.

Keep in mind, any and all meat we do catch is cooked. We ate raw meat once when we were young. Wrenching your gut in the middle of the forest is most definitely not the breakfast of champions, or intellectuals.
Wise words indeed. With that, I would like to ask if you would care to accompany me on a fishing trip sometime.

Mojay

02-26-2012

Udyr,

You have always been my favorite champion to jungle with.

Do you prefer to jungle with your phoenix or tiger stance?

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Wise words indeed. With that, I would like to ask if you would care to accompany me on a fishing trip sometime.
If we are allowed to use our own fishing techniques, then we would be pleased to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthurnax View Post
Udyr,

You have always been my favorite champion to jungle with.

Do you prefer to jungle with your phoenix or tiger stance?
You ask if I prefer to 'jungle' with the Phoenix, the aura of a Conqueror, meant to rule over those who are weaker with hot, white flaming fury and anger?! The Phoenix, whose blessing has given us the right to crush those inferior to us as It is the second hand to the noble Dragon?!

Or 'jungle' with the Tiger, a beast of nearly unsurpassed ferocity, of predatory cunning and intellect whose only purpose is to rend our foes asunder, the very epitome of technique and skill that a warrior should push to exemplify?!

It really matters the mood we and our summoner are in and whom we are facing, as well as our designated role for the match.

Eredaar

02-26-2012

Thank you for telling the truth about us dragons, honorable Udyr, I must ask have you ever met with one of us?

Eredar, The Fury of the Sky.

(( okay this was under one of my RP characters who is a dragon but enjoys taking an elven form xD))

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
Thank you for telling the truth about us dragons, honorable Udyr, I must ask have you ever met with one of us?

Eredar, The Fury of the Sky.

(( okay this was under one of my RP characters who is a dragon but enjoys taking an elven form xD))
The only dragons we have met are those we met in the League, and we know they are a stale comparisons compared to the true noble creatures they are. This is no offense intended towards Shyvana, a powerful creature whom we have fought many times in matches and happily so. Her anger, her strength, it boils our blood, it invigorates our killing spirit.

As a side note, Jax? You have nothing to fear from us, we only wish to slay her in honorable combat one day. We will not pop out of a cupboard one day and attempt to slay her, when the day comes it will be known far in advance.

Outside of the League it is rather difficult to find them, the few dragons that lived in Ionia were killed during the war. The furthest we have ventured is the Institute itself, we have not been to any other city state or any other land save for Ionia and the Institute.

And please do not address us by such a title if you wish to respect us. We have not earned it yet. We have a long, bloodied path to travel down before we can deem ourselves worthy of such a title.

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

02-26-2012

Quote:
As a side note, Jax? You have nothing to fear from us, we only wish to slay her in honorable combat one day. We will not pop out of a cupboard one day and attempt to slay her, when the day comes it will be known far in advance.
Udyr, I understand that you meant that statement with the best of intentions. As such, I will still treat you as a friend until that day. However, when that day comes, you will have me to deal with before you get to face Shyvana.

The signature is made with a dark red that is slightly cracked and obviously not ink

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Udyr, I understand that you meant that statement with the best of intentions. As such, I will still treat you as a friend until that day. However, when that day comes, you will have me to deal with before you get to face Shyvana.

The signature is made with a dark red that is slightly cracked and obviously not ink

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
We are pleased you understand our intentions and as we said, it will not be for a long time. The battles that will be had will be hard, bloody, and glorious. The victor shall be deemed the true champion.

With that said, fishing sometime this week? It is our turn to bring beverages and culinary delights.

Ask Ahri

02-26-2012

Dear Udyr

Is there a fox stance?

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

02-26-2012

Quote:
We are pleased you understand our intentions and as we said, it will not be for a long time. The battles that will be had will be hard, bloody, and glorious. The victor shall be deemed the true champion.

With that said, fishing sometime this week? It is our turn to bring beverages and culinary delights.
If I have it my way, you won't even make it to her. On a more pleasant subject, though, does Thursday morning fit in with your schedule?