Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is "high" elo for dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

02-27-2012

Quote:
Forbiddian:
The average player who plays a dominion game is about 1200 rated. There are no requirements for this and plenty of level 1s play Dominion. Far from selecting only the most serious gamers, if anything, Dominion is self-selecting for casual gamers ("it's fast, it's fun!&quot. If you're 1700 rated on Dominion, you're in the top 5% of players who played Dominion. That's a much different club and a much different statement.

Keep in mind also that the Dominion list is completely produced by Jabe. Which means a player needs to be queried in JabeBot before they are even counted in the list. I'm betting there are a ton more ~1200 ranked players that have played under 5 games and never been queried (and thus not added into the calculations).

Quote:
Fledrel:
how do you find an elo for normal dominion?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+find+dominion+elo

baloons

02-27-2012

Quote:
I just was in que and the whole team was a 4 man with 1093, 1104, 1356, and 1206 with less than 200 games played total. That seems balanced... good thing somebody dodged.

i started noticing this.. The games are boring, and often you either get stomped by opposing team or you make it a 25 min game (hope you took revive and a late game char, lololol) by tryharding the whole game against 3 or 4 players who are all better than the rest of your team. Sometimes you hard carry anyway, but certainly it requires the other team to make some mistakes :-) Jabebot is your friend here, and so is dodging. Jabebot a summoner name or two while your picking and if it's over 400 elo difference, it's time to get outta dodge.

Fledrel

02-27-2012

Quote:
Basoosh:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+find+dominion+elo

Tried that. Most of the links say jabebot doesn't work anymore.

JulioElGuapo

03-01-2012

jabe bot is often down also

Dyloslawer

03-01-2012

jabebot worked all day for me.

v4v3nd3774

03-01-2012

Quote:
Fledrel:
Tried that. Most of the links say jabebot doesn't work anymore.

Join Quakenet IRC #TheJabe, query Jabebot there. As long as the bot is in channel(95%+uptime, imo) it always works for me. Jabebot has issues connecting with users on the LoL client because it uses Pigden or some third party program, and has a 20k+ flist, which LoL isn't used to supporting.

Lenowill

Recruiter

03-01-2012

I'm hovering around 1800 on Dominion right now and am liking the competency levels I see in the playerbase overall. I don't think it's unfair to call that, legitimately, "middle-high" or the beginnings of actual "high" ELO Dominion play.

I was Silver rated in SR Season 1 and might be able to barely get to Gold this season if I had the time, energy, and motivation, but for the most part have been avoiding ranked play because of the possible frustration factor (don't need that in my life at the moment).

Also, not all Dominion skills translate to SR and vice versa. Despite their similarities, the modes are very different and the specific skillsets that are fundamental for good play on each map are not quite the same, though there's obvious overlap. Some people's talents and skill development favor a map like dominion where fast strategic reaction, misdirection, and raw teamfighting ability mean more (and for a larger percentage of the game's length) than on SR, and where last hitting ability (an absolute fundamental on SR for anyone who isn't the jungler or the support, and even then is important to at least be competent at) is not nearly as pivotal.