What is "high" elo for dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erazmus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

I'm 1720-ish
Is this very high for dominion, as it would be for summoner's rift?

Erazmus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

Incidentally I'm not even that good. =/

KimKelley

02-26-2012

Percentiles:
Top 50% - 1341+
Top 25% - 1488+
Top 10% - 1633+
Top 5% - 1726+
Top 3% - 1788+
Top 2% - 1836+
Top 1% - 1913+
Top .1% - 2151+

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=jabebot

Prometheius

02-26-2012

You'll never be high elo because everyone up to 2.2k can and WILL still be trash.

Erazmus

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
Percentiles:
Top 50% - 1341+
Top 25% - 1488+
Top 10% - 1633+
Top 5% - 1726+
Top 3% - 1788+
Top 2% - 1836+
Top 1% - 1913+
Top .1% - 2151+

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=jabebot
I just have a bit of difficulty believing I'm in the top 5-10% of dominion players.

Prometheius

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erazmus View Post
I just have a bit of difficulty believing I'm in the top 5-10% of dominion players.
You probably aren't a genuinely good player. You're in the top 5% because the other 95% generally suck REALLY ****ing hard.

Like Atk Spd stack Xins or gold/5 support champs.

Cameran

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
You'll never be high elo because everyone up to 2.2k can and WILL still be trash.
Less than 100 people are good; 99,000+ are trash? Way to over-exaggerate and be a ****. Mid 1600s seems to be where you stop seeing really fail people, so some point not long after that would be "good". Great dominion players (of which there are few) seem to be at around 2100+.

Prometheius

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameran View Post
Less than 100 people are good; 99,000+ are trash? Way to over-exaggerate and be a ****. Mid 1600s seems to be where you stop seeing really fail people, so some point not long after that would be "good". Great dominion players (of which there are few) seem to be at around 2100+.
No, I'm NOT exaggerating. At borderline 2k Elo, I still get trash players that have Elo 2k+.

Gold/5 Supports trying to roam solo

Atk Spd stack Xin/Yi that think they can solo a WW and fed AD Sion

Ghost/Cleanse Xerath/Lux

Solo Bot Karmas

4-man Squishy Ranged premades

Teemo + WW + Taric same-team picks

Anyone up to 2.2k can and WILL still be trash because of stupid Elo inflation from premade games. With premades, you can easily have 2.2k Elo within 50 games, where you go 15/35 W/L, and still be absolutely worthless.

KSHarrison

02-26-2012

Dominion is still relatively new. It is not a sport (yet?) like SR, so it doesn't have the same level of competitiveness. Also, the player base is small compared to SR.

One or both of these factors might lead to Dominion elo having a different meaning than SR elo, including what percentile of player skill you belong to.

Just a guess, though.

Mad Suppordle

02-26-2012

If you are over 1500 you are probably a player who understands the basic mechanics of the game but not necessarily the proper builds, team compositions, or strategies for dominion.

Just understanding the basics of how to play puts you ahead of 50-60%. 1700s probably means you are starting to get the idea of individual dominion play but not yet team play.

Dominion elo does not correspond to SR elo, where 1700 would put you solidly in gold and the top 1%.