3 v 3 v 3 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AltroHD

Recruiter

02-26-2012

Just thought it would be an awesome map, what do you guys think?

Yefo

02-26-2012

This could be neat, BUT... how long until the "meta" becomes Teams A and B group up and destroy C, then after C loses, they fight each other? Being on team C would make for a roflstomping every single game.

forfaden

02-26-2012

and if one team starts doing poorly then everyone focuses them, even without alliances

Nibelhim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

3v3v3 wouldnt work for the issues mentioned above also another issue. Nother game I used to play had a quickly fazed out pvp map where it was 8v8v8v8v8v8. Aside from ensuing chaos when everyone met together, there was the insane lag issue.

3v3v3 will probably not have as bad a lag issue, but there are some champs which just naturally cause lag. Sona for example makes my game freeze whenever she uses a skill. Imagine 3 sonas on a weak computer would mean instant ggmif they all used their ulties at same time.

BestGnarRivenNA

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post
This could be neat, BUT... how long until the "meta" becomes Teams A and B group up and destroy C, then after C loses, they fight each other? Being on team C would make for a roflstomping every single game.
What about Teams B and C group up and dominate A?

DanyaHerald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

This sounds HILARIOUS.

Tornn Poys

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post

Of course that would happen, and i would love it. it is called strategy you could team up with B but then betray them right as B was destroying C .

Come on this sounds like an awesome idea.

p.s. if you want this to happen you need to make a map.

fazisi

02-27-2012

Sounds like 3-way chess. Eff'in stupid. The only way a multiway competition can work is if outcomes are independent like a race. Direct competition between multiple parties for different goals would result in unfair allocation of resources. Team A and B ganging up on C (lettering is arbitrary idiots, A+B>C is same as B+C>A or H+Q>R) will always be unfair to Team C. Even if the ganging up in coincidental or unintentional, do you think you would really enjoy the game if it was LITERALLY impossible (not even talking statistics, your team will NEVER complete the objective)? It isn't even a matter of strong/weak champion selection or team comp. 6v3 is a mathmatical nightmare.

Yeah, you claim that players will strive to keep this mode interesting and competative but you are obviously unfamiliar with the majority of the LoL player base. Expect lots of trolls, rage, QQ, noobs, AFK, leavers, /all chat spam and other such annoyances to be abound.

Tornn Poys

03-05-2012

@fazisi first of too many big words.
second Exactly! the whole point would be to not end up as team C, listen i get your point if there were to be 3v3v3 then some rule changes would have to be made. I'm drawing a blank on the the changes that should be made, sorry. But I get it, there would still need to be some sort of divider to minimize accidental 6v3 matches.

p.s. Of course there will be QQ, AFK, trolls but that is just part of the game.

ssteele

03-07-2012

Think about the board game risk. Generally the two weaker teams try to control the strongest, and the roles rotate.