I lost 400 elo last night, and I cried myself to sleep

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haunchbones

02-25-2012

Dominion, that game where the points dont matter and everybody loses,

-Tha fat guy from whose line is it anyway

Cherokeepimp

02-25-2012

And it just happened again, 4 man group, got beat 470 something to 0.

We ended up just sitting at the start for the last half of the game. So pointless that they feel the need to put pre mades against pugs.

larkhill

02-25-2012

the problem is u keep focusing on points and not winning...

points dont matter at all. all those medals r meaningless. this is the kind of sh*t that happens when teams focus on points and not winning the game.

dont be afraid to sit and turtle at top all game. going into the jungle to try and cap the 4th point might end up getting u kileld and losing top. always fight at ur point. the tower will help u. add in a garrison and u can win almost any teamfight

KSHarrison

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
the problem is u keep focusing on points and not winning...

points dont matter at all. all those medals r meaningless. this is the kind of sh*t that happens when teams focus on points and not winning the game.

dont be afraid to sit and turtle at top all game. going into the jungle to try and cap the 4th point might end up getting u kileld and losing top. always fight at ur point. the tower will help u. add in a garrison and u can win almost any teamfight

There are certain things your score doesn't take into account, which at times makes it difficult to compare who was better than who in a match, but I think points are a good general assessment of your overall contribution during a game.

If you have the highest points on your team, then you had something to do with your victory. You may or may not have been the best player on the team, but you unquestionably had a positive impact on the match. If you lost with the highest score, then you were probably pulling your weight better than your teammates (unless the scores are all very close).

I, for one, have yet to see a complete derp take 1st in a match. It's always someone who gave at least a strong performance, even if it's not necessarily the best performance on the team. Then again, I've only played 65 matches.

K J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Points captured: 11
Points Neutralized: 6
Objective Score: 1200
Combat Score: 550

Likely cause: being backdoored constantly.
Solution: Watch your map better, take garrison, play a more mobile champ, and/or bring someone with a global ult. Map awareness will help out with a lot more than just point defense, but defending points is what wins games.

Damage Dealt: 32,500
Damage Taken: 28,200

Can't see what champ you played for that game and your KDA isn't bad for a tanky, but your damage output seems fairly lackluster.

Minion Slain: 10

Kill more creeps dude. Gold is gold, and considering each set of 3 is worth as much as a champion kill or point capture, they're the best way to get fed.

Pantazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

people have bad weeks...bad weeks when purple champs are free.

tbh I win more when I solo queue.

Draydan

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
Dominion was so fun, and then I just couldn't get a good match I think I've lost like 12/15. All these medals give me delusions of grandeur, but I keep losing. Am I doing it right and just got bad luck or am I "where I belong"?

So frustrated
I noticed that I have much less chance to win on some of days of week.
I attach win-rate for my ~400 games.

I don't know the reason, maybe its Riot experimenting with matchmaking and gathering data.
Maybe its some social groups in some countries being able to play only on specific days.
I dont know.
But what I know is that climbing high on some of "good" days will result in falling into deeper abyss on the "bad" day.

Denambren

02-25-2012

It's mostly random, though your champ choice has a lot to do with it in solo queue. As someone else mentioned in this thread, choosing a "purple" champ will increase your odds of winning. For example, I played a few games against Sauron last week and checked his match history. The entire day was full of Kassadin and Pantheon as the only two champs. The next day, same thing. Now a week later I bring up his match history right now, and I see: Pantheon, Vayne, Jax, Wu Kong, Kassadin, Urgot, Jarvin. The only champ that isn't Tier S or Tier 1 in that list (arguably) is Vayne, and Sauron has a defeat there. Purple champs can play a big role in whether you have a string of victories or defeats.

Looking at Sauron further (calling him out since he is the highest elo player in Dominion), he is frequently 3 man queued to maximize advantage in the queue, with a high probably of being matched vs solo/duo queue players and a reduced wait time for the queue with 3 instead of 4 or 5. If you queue with three good players you are much more likely to face off against solo queue/duo with lessened wait times than a full queue.

If you don't care to stoop to the three man matchmaking abuse technique, and you don't care to always choose a purple champ each game, then you will not reach your maximum potential elo. Your maximum potential will always be based first on your player skill, but there is more that everyone can do to improve their elo score. Someone like Sauron plays nearly every game taking every advantage possible to rise in rank, while someone like myself might play Xerath for a week to see if he's viable in 1900+ elo games, and not feel I have to make a smurf account to try it (like so many other high elo players).

Xavderion

02-26-2012

But Pantheon and Wukong and Jarvan and Urgot aren't purple. Am I missing something?

Denambren

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavderion View Post
But Pantheon and Wukong and Jarvan and Urgot aren't purple. Am I missing something?
I think you missed the point.

I guess you couldn't grasp that Tier S and Tier 1 champs will improve your odds of winning. Re-read my post a few times. You'll get it eventually.

Let's pretend Tier S are orange and Tier 1 are purple, if you want to get so technical that you completely ignore the base argument being made.