I lost 400 elo last night, and I cried myself to sleep

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KSHarrison

02-25-2012

Dominion was so fun, and then I just couldn't get a good match I think I've lost like 12/15. All these medals give me delusions of grandeur, but I keep losing. Am I doing it right and just got bad luck or am I "where I belong"?

So frustrated

Cherokeepimp

02-25-2012

It's because people are too afraid nowadays to solo queue. Most of those losses were probably against groups. They think having an advantage and then steam rolling over a pug will somehow make them better players lol.

The Wrongsword

02-25-2012

While I'm going to just pass over any comments over the crying part of this post, I will say you cant just wish yourself better; you need to work at it and do your homework. For example, there are some very high elo players who have posted on this forum talking about Urgot builds- and yours lacks some essential elements like CDR, brutalizer, etc.

Obviously no one is going to give you the secret formula to LoL success but if you want to win more first you have to put some more effort into learning the game. Getting your builds right arent the only thing you have to do to win of course, but if you can't get that far then you are gimping yourself before you even get in the queue.

Also pick a really good champ and just get good with them. If you play a whole bunch of different champs you arent going to learn the little intricacies of each one cause you wont be able to spend enough time with them.

The Wrongsword

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
It's because people are too afraid nowadays to solo queue. Most of those losses were probably against groups. They think having an advantage and then steam rolling over a pug will somehow make them better players lol.
this is quite wrong, a 5 man queue will hardly ever Q up with a bunch of solos, groups always fight groups where possible. 2 man groups show up in solo a lot but they don't necessarily change things much. if you lose to a group that seems more coordinated than your in solo, likely its just that they are a better squad where people just know where they should be

Hugs From Momma

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrongsword View Post
this is quite wrong, a 5 man queue will hardly ever Q up with a bunch of solos, groups always fight groups where possible. 2 man groups show up in solo a lot but they don't necessarily change things much. if you lose to a group that seems more coordinated than your in solo, likely its just that they are a better squad where people just know where they should be
At lower ELOs this is true, but once you get high enough the MM will routinely put 4 and 5 man teams against solos.

KSHarrison

02-25-2012

Quote:
While I'm going to just pass over any comments over the crying part of this post, I will say you cant just wish yourself better; you need to work at it and do your homework. For example, there are some very high elo players who have posted on this forum talking about Urgot builds- and yours lacks some essential elements like CDR, brutalizer, etc.

Obviously no one is going to give you the secret formula to LoL success but if you want to win more first you have to put some more effort into learning the game. Getting your builds right arent the only thing you have to do to win of course, but if you can't get that far then you are gimping yourself before you even get in the queue.

Also pick a really good champ and just get good with them. If you play a whole bunch of different champs you arent going to learn the little intricacies of each one cause you wont be able to spend enough time with them.
Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to look through my match stats and write a thought-out reply.

For the record, though, I had 39% CDR on Urgot with masteries. I don't go brutalizer because I don't see a reason to if I go Ionian boots, and the glacial shroud is one of my early core items. On Dom a lot of people get armor early/mid game, and a LW is going to go a lot farther when they do, so it is worth saving for that. I also run full apen marks/quints.

Brut might be a little more effective for the short amount of time it takes me to earn an extra 1000 gold and buy LW. At the same time, I can't complain buying a Glacial Shroud over it because it is an item that will not fall off like the brutalizer. I also can't always kite an opponent, especially with gap closers and multiple enemies, so the armor is really good, and the mana turns into + 14 damage (I buy manamune following that).

I put a lot of thought into all my builds, and I have read many guides, watched streams, read forums etc. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on my reasoning and see a different perspective.

Edit: I know the pros buy brutalizer, but I tend to not do something unless I understand why. On SR with slower gold flow I can see it. On Dominion it's just another 2 minutes to get an LW. Right now, I can't see the logic of buying it with other better sources of mid/late game CDR and the LW being far more useful. Granted, the credibility of the source obviously can't be easily dismissed, and that is why I would be interested in hearing some constructive criticism on my logic.

deepbluereason

02-25-2012

Yeah, I've lost, oh something like 17 out of my last 20 Dominion matches after regularly being in the 1700s. I usually go bot and dominate but lately I've been getting teams that couldn't cap WM if someone was holding a gun to their mothers' heads.

v4v3nd3774

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
At lower ELOs this is true, but once you get high enough the MM will routinely put 4 and 5 man teams against solos.
Agreed but this guy is 1350~ and only 34/33. I think the 400 Elo swing might have to do with shooting up fast and then going on a losing streak in his first few games(depending on how many he played yesterday).

Cherokeepimp

02-25-2012

Quote:
You really have no clue do you?

The population of Dominion is so small especially at off peek hours it forces groups of 3 to 4 and even 5 to have to go against pugs, otherwise they would be stuck waiting a huge time to find a proper match.

What they should be doing is letting the groups wait for however long to discourage them from grouping and keeping it to duo or solo queue. At least until they do ranked. Pugs should not have to go against pre mades, it's that simple.

KSHarrison

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluereason View Post
Yeah, I've lost, oh something like 17 out of my last 20 Dominion matches after regularly being in the 1700s. I usually go bot and dominate but lately I've been getting teams that couldn't cap WM if someone was holding a gun to their mothers' heads.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I guess I just needed to vent after all that, and the only people who would understand are probably all on this board, so I came here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
Agreed but this guy is 1350~ and only 34/33. I think the 400 Elo swing might have to do with shooting up fast and then going on a losing streak in his first few games(depending on how many he played yesterday).
That's what I was hoping to hear I did ask a couple times about premades and they all said no, but who knows for the rest of the times. I don't feel like I was necessarily against a premade team, though. Just had a lot of derp things happen in my game. Like I said, I played about 15 games, and I know that for 3 or 4 of them one of my teammates stood afk on the platform for about 10 seconds at the start. One time he waited 2 seconds, left, and then ran the circular way around to the top platform, bypassing the speed buff.

Just a whole lot of silly stuff that you can't really report, but it drives you crazy. Like your ally is creeping minions or just runs right by you as you engage a 1v1. Also had 3 games with leavers. Sorry I just came on to vent, I suppose.