Log Files, ELO, and You

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madau

Recruiter

07-28-2010

Season 1 has gifted us with more than just the likes of Xin Zhao, it's gifted us with the ability to find our own "hidden" normal ladder ELO's.

Here's a small guide to those of you who may not know much about or haven't heard of this at all.

Find your game folder. The air folder is what you're looking for. Inside of that, there's a logs folder. This contains all your chats, games etc etc for your LoL sessions for the last 5 days. It's inside of here that you'll find all the data you'll ever need...

Along with a **** ton of gibberish you don't want to sift through. These files are dated, and you cannot access "today's" file if LoL is open, so if you're curious about today, please close LoL now!

In any case, you'll see something like this:

7/27/2010 20:16:17.142 [INFO] com.riotgames.platform.common.utils.LogManager RiotApplication: initializing
7/27/2010 20:16:17.143 [DEBUG] com.riotgames.platform.common.utils.LogManager This is a debug message.

AKA massive wall of text **** rape.

There's a bit of jibba-jabba before each game Then, it will go into detail about each player. Each section starts with:

[0] (com.riotgames.platform.gameclient.domain::PlayerP articipantStatsSummary)#8

You can search for this to find the beginning of each game.

This denotes you're starting to look at player data the ELO along with a lot of other information is above a lot of data that's organized into columns if you don't use word wrap (don't use word wrap).

At this point you can probably eyeball it, but you can search for it. There will be an ELO rating for each player in each game. Your ELO will be higher up the page than your name, so to find your ELO, and not the feeder ******* that sits at the fountain, you can search for your summoner name in quotes. Your name will fall under the aforementioned columns of data. Simply scroll up and look at the first ELO you see. All the data falling between the Stats Summary above and below your name comprises all your data which includes: leaves, level, losses (so you can finally see how bad that Twitch actually is), elo change, and your personal ELO.

Enjoy.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-28-2010

By the way, Riot bans people for posting "how to find your Elo" on the forums even if it's common knowledge to some.

tonpole

07-28-2010

This made me feel a lot better. I haven't played enough ranked games to figure out my elo yet, but it turns out that I'm way higher than I thought I would be. My friend that I duo queue with isn't.

Mottebayo

07-28-2010

Inb4 riot suppresses this thread. :x

Feracon

03-26-2011

elo = 0, that's every appearance of "elo" in my logs.

Munzta1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2011

nice necro

omgwtflolbbl

03-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feracon View Post
elo = 0, that's every appearance of "elo" in my logs.
That's just how bad you are. It's the result of a thread necro.