Best tips for carrying out of low elo as a jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fosterisgod

02-25-2012

I'm just curious, to you junglers who have carried out of elo hell, what the best tips/advice you have realized along the way for getting out of low-mid elo (1200-1300's). What things did you learn and what would you have done differently? Thanks in advance.

UndauntedOne

02-25-2012

Find an AP mid carry to duo with, remember the times on blue/red spawns, drag, baron - your mind set shouldn't be 'I'm not doing my job if i'm not ganking 24/7' - just farm up and if you see a ganking opportunity take it, but don't lose farm / exp waiting for a gank that has a good chance of failing to begin with. Let your team know you're coming to gank and have their stun/damage ready. Also, counter jungle by warding the enemy jungle and trying to take their blue/red as often as possible without risking your life too much. Work with your duo to help push mid lane / gank / take their blue etc. Pretty basic.

zeemsteR

02-25-2012

Getting blamed for everything is probably the best and most common strategy I have seen a jungler use.

SP Romanus QR

02-25-2012

has nothing to do with what jungler is the best it has to do with your knowledge of the game and what to do in certain situations...you can be good with anyone and raise elo but you'll only raise elo if you have better knowledge then the rest

UndauntedOne

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Romanus QR View Post
has nothing to do with what jungler is the best it has to do with your knowledge of the game and what to do in certain situations...you can be good with anyone and raise elo but you'll only raise elo if you have better knowledge then the rest
He didn't ask which jungler was the best.

SP Romanus QR

02-25-2012

he made a point to say junglers which in my mind assumes he thinks junglers are the best way to carry low elo which is false

Xyrne

02-25-2012

Play Amumu or Rammus.

Cakecicle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrne View Post
Play Amumu or Rammus.
Playing support junglers is actually the worst thing to do in low elo.......

auTo ckc

02-25-2012

1) Learn EVERY top tier jungler. I dont mean those herpderp nunu/olaf/talon junglers. I'm talking about real, getbannedeverygame junglers. Learn: skarner, shyvana lee sin, gp, shen, shaco, udyr, nocturne, rammus and did I mention skarner? This is because when the 6 prematch bans come down to it, in low elo it usually goes like this: 1-2 ap bans, 2-4 jungler, 1 ban of the banner's preference.
That means that 4 of those 9 junglers that I mentioned above are going to be banned. That still leaves 5 UNBANNED top tier junglers available for you to choose. I normally like to go skarner, but thats just my playstyle. These junglers will give you a VERY amazing advantage when it comes to ganks. No, sion is not top tier dont ask. Neither is nunu. :< I actually used trundle back then too, I loved his ganking and counter jungling ability..and that kept me in elo hell for an extra month or so.

2) pray to the gods you find out what jungler your opponent is picking first. - though it may sound weird, this is the best way to find out how to counter him. If he picks skarner, you pick udyr, if he picks lee sin, you pick rammus, etc etc. Learning how to play ALL the junglers is what makes a jungler a threat in a game.

3) buy right, make good pings, make good ganks, know when to use flash offensively or defensively. I've seen many a skarner flash+ult and not even get the kill in a lvl 6 gank. And it sucks. Make sure your team knows you're coming to gank.

4) RUNE AND MASTERY CORRECTLY.= This may sound useless to the "smarter" players, but I HAVE seen gp's who come in thinking their normal crit runes are going to do the job when they should be mastery and runing for armor/jungle.

Thats all I have to say, gl, good speed

Fosterisgod

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Romanus QR View Post
he made a point to say junglers which in my mind assumes he thinks junglers are the best way to carry low elo which is false
Not really, I'd say AP mid is probably the best way to go but I was just asking for general tips.