@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

There are a couple of design solutions I could think of that would give Omen personality and a role. Make him a void chameleon, give him a stealth ult, a taunt,a tongue grab and a shield (hardened scales?). His passive could be higher resistances.

Make him an angry void lizard that hates Cho'gath for something (maybe Cho'Gath ate his family) his plot for revenge against Cho'Gath led him to the League of Legends where he knew Cho'Gath would be.

Role:tank, support
Personality:rage void monster

Also I agree with what someone else said and make Omen a female void creature to add some variety.
To solve the minion problem give him some extra arms and spikes down his back. Make him look less like a salamander.

LikesTacos

08-19-2012

Reading through this thread is interesting. Then I see the vomit spew of human archetype champs released lately. I don't know Riot, some times you need to just take a chance. You guys were just so convinced he wouldn't work for reasons most people in this thread have stated they don't actually care about. What is the worse that could happen? He ends up like Eve / karma but your theory is at least proven correct.

Cabo

08-19-2012

seems like a better pet than anything

Echorion

08-19-2012

God I want a reptile champ in league so bad.
Not a anthromorphic one, one that is only reptile for a short time. A genuine, all the time, reptile.

Formless

08-21-2012

There's a pretty interesting concept on omen in the champion concept form. Id encourage the reds to take a look at what the guy did I think it makes a more unique champion and givens him a solid role.

TheSauceson

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Yeah on the terms of lore I think he'd have a great "underestimated because of his size, but joyously kills everything easily so he became an elite in some sort of void army and went to the league so he could kill more than he did before" on terms of range/melee he could be melee or range, doesn't matter, if he's ranged spines could be auto and claw/bite could be a skill, if he's melee claw/bite could be auto and spines could be like an immobilize or a slow, hell I saw a good proposition for his spines being ult related, honestly if you want to make him "look" more ranged, just add tattered reptilian wings make him fly and shoot spines... to sum this all up, I think that he is very versatile rather than very unoriginal.

Amnesiacs

08-24-2012

When I first saw Omen, I knew he was the champ. The one that would make my league experience just awesome. And I was stoked to see that he wasn't completely shut out, just put on hold.

To be honest, you talk about him not being like, say, nocturne, a champ who fits all the criteria, I think you guys are looking at it the completely wrong way. With the way you have him now, you could fit him into so many different roles, as well as back stories. This is a champion I truly hope gets released. A reptilian void creature who utilizes his small size and spikes to deal damage and assassinate his targets.

I even had a bit of a concept for a skill build. His Q could be a small leap and double strike with claws. Nothing huge, but like rengar leap range, only it hits twice. His W could be something that makes him dash through enemies, becoming ethereal and untargeteable, and slowing everyone he passes through, but he slows down the more enemies he hits and affects. His E could be something that sends out spikes in a circle around him, rising from the ground, doing more damage the closer they are to him. And his ult could be something that increases all his stats, mainly speed, so that he can move quickly like a reptile. I dont know. I just imagine him fitting a top or jungle roll with that kind of skill set.

As for a passive? He could receive stacks for every skill he uses and hits someone with, and it could increase his speed for a short duration, with the speed amount increasing with each stack, like 2 seconds or something.

It's times like this I wish I could invite 10,000 people to play league, and then get to design a champion. Then I could make Omen come to life.

Winterskeep

08-24-2012

So what if people dont know if omen is ranged or close combat orientated? look at draven, when i first saw his drawing i didnt think he would be throwing the axes. i thought he would be spinning with them. And look at jayce he is both. we have a few undead champions, why not add omen to it, as well an omen or something to or symobilzing the undead or something? Sort of like how malz is the profit of the void... omen can be a risen dead first of many of the similar sorta of things, that plan on taking down the strongest first to join there ranks. Mord is some generic leader of some mysterious army, or maybe he isnt even the leader.... Maybe Zaun people tried to make an undead omen army and then the thing omen was before, was a little to stronge to control after he came back. I feel as if you could could make him a hit if you just work on him a little bit longer

CrosbieSwag

08-25-2012

omen looks amazing, with his role it could be a range ad/ mage. have abilities such a he can activate a trail of slime that follows him and if someone walks on it they get rooted for 1 second but make the trail thin so as not to be op and his passive would be he gains an attack damage buff when attacking someone in the slime, another ability is to shoot a spine that attaches a little blob that detonates after 3 seconds, another could be a leap but make it inactive in bushes and his ult could be he shoots a big spine in the air and a bunch of blobs land in the area sticking to enemy's maximum of 3 per enemy and the ones that don't hit stay on the ground and detonate after 3 seconds. there are so many ideas of him i dunno how you guys got stuck and decided to bench him for more uncreative human champs

1337 2thaparty

08-25-2012

Holy necro batman