@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King GrimPhenom

07-06-2012

The passion still burns for Omen!

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
2. He doesn't look like he has a whole lot of individual personality to him whatsoever.

Why isn't there 10,000 Omens? He kind of just looks like a hydralisk equivalent in the zerg army. That's great for a zerg unit and a monster or a miniboss, but why is this character a unique champion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfieBlackheart View Post
Pantheon looks like one of an army of Spartans, yet he made it into the game.
To be honest, it's not only about relating, but that was the derpiest argument.

Look at Pantheon's splash art, 100 Pantheons. OH HAI THUR OTHER PANTHEONS! Attachment 480940

Volibear's lore, he's the leader of a whole tribe of frikin' thunder-bears...Attachment 480943

Skarner's the last of his kind, which are also 1000 crystal scorpions.Attachment 480941

Malphite comes from a world where there's millions of golems exactly like him.Attachment 480942

The list goes on, there's swarm champions EVERYWHERE, then they talk about Omen.. Pffft... Just say you don't want to release him because you don't feel like it, even that is a better arguement...

Dat Riot Logic...

Bump for Omen

Bananaphone

07-07-2012

is varus omen redone?

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

I do continue to support Omen being released and fixed at some point one day. Wish he had an actually stable thread like the Spider Queen does.

Cho Zack

07-09-2012

Bump

SmashasaurusSex

07-09-2012

So instead of the unique and interesting design of Omen, we get Jayce, Another White Guy with Brown Hair, not long after Darius, the Garen of Noxus.

Cho Zack

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashasaurusSex View Post
So instead of the unique and interesting design of Omen, we get Jayce, Another White Guy with Brown Hair, not long after Darius, the Garen of Noxus.
i Agree why we've got another human its just boring, Riot should made damons, beasts, etc but no they just love humans.

Cho Zack

07-09-2012

And if he must be specjal like: last of his kind(skarner) he could be rejected from his brood for something

ARM24

07-10-2012

Omen notes: A good or bad Omen? Depends the two teams perspectives.

As assessed by the link on 6/6/12 –I know this is wordy, bear with me… (skip to the spells section if you don’t want an anylization)

Only have talked to a few friends to bounce ideas off of, so this is for the community to

judge if it seems a correct assessment or not, for it is far easier for a few friends to come to an agreement than a whole community. A lot people have weighed in and answered why this champ should be such a way and have made retorts to the reasons why a champ can’t be done, raised standards being the primary one, I understand he I said to have all 3 problems and fixing 1 exacerbates the others… but hopefully this perspective on him gives him some substance over other suggestions that have most if not all mentioned stealth and the void.
Ranged or melee? That one is up to how omens final concept art looks. From what
we’ve seen through this link: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Omen Omen is more slender looking, whereas his alternative looks more like a hell hound reimagined.

Omen:
Current look: Looks like coarse flesh/muscle… could be iron rich territory origin story… or come from a high altitude thus the flesh tone (plus altitude has less air, come lower… more oxygen in the blood/whatever thus flesh = more red, or just red because of whatever else can be made up… I thought someone said he wasn’t supposed to be a void creature but looks the part… upon further inspection, void creatures tend to have a purple/blue tone: Kog/Cho -come from the void, Kassidian was corrupted by it, Malzahars eyes “were filled with the essence of the void” (their blue); Omen is a brownish red and black with yellowish/whitish highlights that have an orange tint… then brownish/greyish spikes…. Nothing about that speaks void to me if you know what the void is… and saying he is from the void is like saying Malphite, Nausus, Renekton, Urgot, Sion, Varus, Hecarim, Nocturne, Evelynn, Morgana… anything that is not 100% human/yordle is from the void… look at that curse on Trundle… Or at least that is how I see the Omen is from the void logic, give him a closer look.

Doesn’t have to be like Draven in which he only does ad damage… pure ad’s… some AP is nice so that there are far more alternate viable builds.
Omen looks like he could be either ranged or melee, hard to tell. What can be said is he looks like he could stand up if he wanted to, for he seems to be hunched over, which could allow for an interesting show of his underbelly (what could be there if anything). –detachable shield, cone of spikes, nothing/ increased vulnerability but is part of his grapple… if a grapple.

Someone said… maybe a RIOTeer… idk when I stopped reading the other posts… or if they stopped following this “noodle” thread just came across this treat today…. So many pages… anyways… someone said he is lizard like, that makes me think of a certain type of lizard… ones that if they lose their tails regrow… could be great escape mechanism… or combat mechanism in which as the name/look implies… there is something ominous about him… and his tail becomes a detachable minion with maybe snake like movement that flips and attacks with its’ spikes, or detaches and thrashes in said location that slows and or grapples the nearest opponent(s –if slow) in range (maybe one can choose which it does)… maybe like a built in quicksilver sash.. freedom from 1 thing of cc, but loss of stats and does the slow/grapple, something that will make it of strategic use. Yes he does look lizard like, and with that I’d imagine he would be fast, maybe a prison of spikes in a circular pattern similar to Jarvans ult, much like how one would imagine a single person getting surrounded in a makeshift prison of falling icicles. Heck his tails spikes could explode outward after a said duration, and maybe be targetable if his tail is a pet and not an escape spell. (I would opt for the soft cc version (slows and possible does damage while thrashing or shooting spikes)-1 or 2 spells in there (should be a chameleon like stealth…. For that is Teemo

Now you have ad carries with inexplicable ammo reserves… aka all of them…. and with biological reserves such as Kog, I’d say shooting spikes as Omen wouldn’t hurt for him being ranged, he does have that foremost spike centered straight ahead right over his head in his artwork, I can’t imagine those claws being too dangerous, for they seem to be flesh-like, I’d imagine he could grip things in an awkward manner, not that he should, unless he retrieves spikes from himself and throws them if he does have a stand up stance… in which I’d imagine he’d be slower moving (slow moving when auto attack, and after X amount of seconds course to “prone position” and gains x amount of movement speed if he does stand up ever. –maybe a passive if not a spell (if another champ like Jayce and Nidilee (8 spells between the swtiches…)

Since his body does seem like it could be poisonous to others he could have a spell in which he launches a spike or for this spell results in a melee attack in which he disorients the opponent (removes vision for a single opponent so that they have something maybe like nocturne ult vision so that escape is more probable, and the opponent gets drained of life force, or is a life steal spell in which somehow his spikes steal life, maybe he launches out spikes, they attack to all nearby enemies, and it drains life, then the spikes either return or fallout, I opt for fallout… so that he can regenerate the spikes (more animation asthetics). –I prefer the latter –possibly his ult? Maybe disorients his team, but doesn’t harm them…

Finally maybe something like a missile barrage

I know many others have done this and this is them with my own spin put on them, not giving spell names:

Mid-range auto attacks seem suitable

Spells:

Passive: Assuming not like Jayce/Nid ults… upon reaching X%/amount of health (if not %) this champs jumps(still targetable) towards the players mouse cursor and gains bonus movement speed if x distance away from the opponent, otherwise he gains bonus ad/as, thus bringing in a sense of difficulty/strategy in how to use him (for I know he’s not supposed to jump)…

Alternative: (due to his runes/skin markings) He could have a built in auto-triggering passive such as a built in banshee’s veil (maybe based on ever # of auto attacks/spells used) or nightmare trigger that (nocturne ult visions) around him for a said duration

Alternative: Another global passive in which all cc on one’s own team lasts .15seconds .25seconds .5 seconds longer (the numbers can be worked out… but the concept is gotten, maybe make him situation and have it raise the cc for everyone on the gap… the first truly global/universal passive or maybe it could reduce cc duration instead of lengthen it?

Final Alternatives: Could be like how there our counter mage mages (Galio, Kassidan… just in armor and ad damage instead of mr and magic damage.

-it is hard to nail the right passive, thus options for direction, but I feel these spells are best suited for any of the directions chosen to go, I do not feel that stealth is right on him…

Spell 1: Tail pops off and trash’s about causing slow and damage in the area, can be controlled for a short while (or maybe is like Malzahars pet or how Yoricks pets used to be… it would move faster) – slow moving and short-mid duration (2-5 seconds).
Spell 2:Spikes shoot out and make a circular barrier similar to the effect of a cheval de fries (anti-Calvary wooden spikes… just of course in a circular pattern… can be an AOE like Jarvens or a single target
Spell3: A missile Barrage or (He does a “leech” spell in which he reduces the opponents in the area’s armor a certain % whilst he slows himself and grants himself the combined armor loss of all champs affected by this spell of all affected by this spell, the more champs in the AOE, the lower the % taken, slow duration lowers and % taken raises as level increases.)
Ult (spell 4): He launches out an ult of biological strands in all champion directions and drains their life force instantaneously, but does not cc them in any other way , range maybe a little larger than that of Morgana’s (but gains a ~5 second cd after he launches his spike prison if it is an AOE, and vice versa).
–If not missile barrage for spell 3: He does have cc, so slowing himself isn’t the worst side effect since all they can do is attack from the immobilize, and he does have a slow to dish out too

Alternative look: Seems to be more of a hound build with a dragon highligand lacks the
anti-rider look as Sejuani’s warthog has, unlike his current look that has anti-saddle/rider biology sleek and spikey. This look also seems far tankier for it looks like biological armor (his other doesn’t seem tanky.-Doesn't do him justice... wouldn't want the alternative champ as anything but a pet/minion fora new map/champ.

On a final note I feel he’d have heavy breathing whilst talking for he is a lizard….
Stereotype of them = hissing… thus a breathy tone in which the final words are squeezed out. Like tirsts “is that a rocket in your pocket” –funny yet corny. Omen can have “hisstheria ess (breathing noise)(hysteria is) my specialty “ess pronounced “e” as in “‘em” and a hissing s sound with a heavy h/sigh (whisper like… no force behind it) at the end (“hisstheria” pronounced --> “hiss-th-air-e-uh” <--not do be confused with wisteria) … then reduce a tea party version of him in which he seems completely out of place and works well with the Annie in Wonderland/Gentleman Cho’Grath skin…giving pseudo bridge in a semi-thematic way probably not that good, not a writer, I enjoy tossing ideas around…

Sorry for any typelexic mistakes (game related or otherwise), I know tankier and tanky are not words, but most of us know those are used in game… Enjoy nitpicking the errors if you had the patience to read this… Coin some terms/words? Some will agree some wont, c'est la vie, but please comment on what you have problems with here or what you like here. Congradulations, you haev finished reading the intimidating wall of text... sadly the indentations wouldn't work...

-A.R.M.

0riginal Content

07-10-2012

Omen looks like a Quill Rat from Diablo 2, to me. Which screams Ranged DPS. I couldn't see him anywhere else. Make his lore so that he's the biggest (so he's the boss) of the other void creatures like him and bam, he's a unique void creature by comparison.

Maybe he has a soft heart, so he comes to valoran to warn of a coming invasion by his smaller, more ferocious brethren, and then they're all like "ZOMG MONSTER" and cage him up and make him fight in the league, and he does it begrudgingly because he wants people to believe him about the invasion before it's too late.