Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owlstar

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
Morello is dating Leona.

Tell Morello to bar his windows at night and double lock his doors.

Enemy Player

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
Morello is dating Leona.

*grabs popcorn*

Fumouffu

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
Wow, I knew we were missing something key with the design. Leave it to the internet...

During the loading screen I carefully evaluate and judge all the champions, when the game loads I congratulate whichever team won the loading screen boobie battle and global hf.

If there is a cho'gath in the game, without fail, they chime in that their alien boobies are the hottest.

Cracks me up every time.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-24-2012

Quote:
Von Hate:
The more you guys dislike him the more I feel like he's already got an awesome personality...

Think about it... his name is perfectly fitting. Omen.

The one that not even the mighty reds will speak of.

How about we just go make you more vaguely evil awesome looking champions and you forgot you asked for this one ;p

Xoripan

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
Morello is dating Leona.

Sh*t just got real

Practically

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
A demonish character that shoots quills or spikes is cool. The question is -- should it be a champion or an NPC (such as a minion or pet)? I tend to think we can make cooler reptilian or demonic champions.

I don't know, Omen here looks like he'd do well with Stealth.

What if he had a rogue-esque personality? With a sly tongue and sharp wit? When I look at Omen, I don't necessarily see something that is growling or hissing. I see Omen more like a sentient creature. Something that's actually very intelligent, but looks like he's just up to no good.

Quote:
Zileas:
How about we just go make you more vaguely evil awesome looking champions and you forgot you asked for this one ;p

While I know this was a right-handed joke, this makes me genuinely sad. Omen, obviously has an attractive appeal to him. I can definitely understand and respect the developers decision to say "Well how do we create a theme/kit for him that is going to be liked," But just as much as you think you can create better champions, I think you can actually work with this one.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-24-2012

Quote:
Fumouffu:
During the loading screen I carefully evaluate and judge all the champions, when the game loads I congratulate whichever team won the loading screen boobie battle and global hf.

If there is a cho'gath in the game, without fail, they chime in that their alien boobies are the hottest.

Cracks me up every time.

In a skins meeting, someone once suggested a 'Japanese Schoolgirl' or 'Magical Girl' theme for Chogath - you know, uniform and transformation sequence and so forth on Chogath. I for one think it could work.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
Morello is dating Leona.

YOU.

Have you no dignity, sir?!? You shall find me in the GD!

Liquid Fox

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:

...that run on all fours? ⊙ω⊙

LIKE A CERBERUS!? OR A HYDRA!?

*explodes*

Dreggon

02-24-2012

I can totally see Omen with Warwick's current ultimate. It fits the art really well - jumping from a distance on top champion and shredding them.

Ranged AD mage carry? As long as Phreak can build him as a jungler you can't go wrong.