Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commando Wolf

02-26-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
I don't know, but Xypherous loves beef noodle soup, so anything is possible.

Can we have a Chain-Based Champion, like an imprisoned demon, and one of the skins can be a noodle master?

I always wanted a Chain Demon because you could move everyone around the map and stuff, and the ult could be an AOE that pulls in all nearby enemy champs.

Just a thought if you want a noodle man skin ^.^

D1zz1

02-26-2012

Quote:
Commando Wolf:
Can we have a Chain-Based Champion, like an imprisoned demon, and one of the skins can be a noodle master?

I always wanted a Chain Demon because you could move everyone around the map and stuff, and the ult could be an AOE that pulls in all nearby enemy champs.

Just a thought if you want a noodle man skin ^.^

Dos

02-26-2012

Forget Omen, WE NEED URF.

Hemotept

02-26-2012

The biggest concept flaw I feel is his back and tail. Having messy protruding spines convey a type of porcupine defense (like what you feel when looking at Rammus or Morde even which gives off the theme of melee) along with some dinosaur aspects, like using the tail as a flail.

Having his tail up over his head would break the lizard feel and make him look like Skarner.

He doesn't have enough of a mutated look, Malzahar's minion looks more corrupt and void-like. His skin has no visual marks like Cho and is plain. When you think about lizards you don't think 'spine' so that makes it a bit odd that he would use his spine as a weapon, but he is from the void so spikes aren't uncommon. The thing that signifies ranged are usually in the form of barrels, take Kog'maw for instance, what tips you off to let you know he's ranged? His protruding mouth of course. Without that you wouldn't know what he is, some would even consider HIM melee just from his overall theme of being a giant mouth and eating things.

I think mixing a very smooth animal like a Salamander with the void which screams extra limbs, dynamic skin details and pointy protrusions doesn't mesh well. He also looks like he stays close to the ground and slithers about which signifies stealthy. If anything mix him with a Komodo and give his limbs pointed joins (maybe letting them lock into his body smoothly when he's firing) and have his back pop out like a cannon with maybe a half-cocked spine in it/alternatively give him a centralized cluster of half-cocked spines loaded in them. Give his skin some distinguishing void themed colors and presto, you've got something that looks tough enough to be in the void, beefy enough to be a non-minion, and themed enough to look ranged.

Delifox

02-26-2012

Passive: Poison Fangs, autoattacking (biting) makes enemy receive XX damage (increased by AD and AP, more with AP) over XX seconds, the effect is increased if the enemy is bleeding
Q: Ravaging strikes, close range frontal cone attack (channeled, hits 3 times with claws within a second) that makes the enemies bleed for X seconds (flat damage increased by level and gains bonus from AD, bleed increased by AD and AP, more with AP) quite short cooldown, due the channeling requirement
W: Hunter's instinct, if moving towards enemy player gives massive speed boost for few seconds, if running away from enemy gives slightly lesser speed boost (speed increased by level and cooldown reduced, pretty long CD at first)
E: Indimitation, causes short AoE fear for 1 second around the Omen, nearby allied players gain small boost to damage (damage bonus increased by level)
R: Omen starts devouring an enemy player stunning him for the duration, the skill causes bleed effect (devouring damage increased by AD, bleed damage increased by AD and AP, more with AP)

MAKE IT HAPPEN, NAO! LoL doesn't have beastly enough champions yet, apart from Cho and even he's not really all that beastly and brutal.. >:

Xiao Rettousei

02-26-2012

Quote:
FeralPony:
Where the $$$$ is my pony champion?

No, we dont want the My little pony fan club over here

Unless its the pokemon one

Conncept

02-26-2012

Quote:
Hemotept:
The biggest concept flaw I feel is his back and tail. Having messy protruding spines convey a type of porcupine defense (like what you feel when looking at Rammus or Morde even which gives off the theme of melee) along with some dinosaur aspects, like using the tail as a flail.

Having his tail up over his head would break the lizard feel and make him look like Skarner.

He doesn't have enough of a mutated look, Malzahar's minion looks more corrupt and void-like. His skin has no visual marks like Cho and is plain. When you think about lizards you don't think 'spine' so that makes it a bit odd that he would use his spine as a weapon, but he is from the void so spikes aren't uncommon. The thing that signifies ranged are usually in the form of barrels, take Kog'maw for instance, what tips you off to let you know he's ranged? His protruding mouth of course. Without that you wouldn't know what he is, some would even consider HIM melee just from his overall theme of being a giant mouth and eating things.

I think mixing a very smooth animal like a Salamander with the void which screams extra limbs, dynamic skin details and pointy protrusions doesn't mesh well. He also looks like he stays close to the ground and slithers about which signifies stealthy. If anything mix him with a Komodo and give his limbs pointed joins (maybe letting them lock into his body smoothly when he's firing) and have his back pop out like a cannon with maybe a half-cocked spine in it/alternatively give him a centralized cluster of half-cocked spines loaded in them. Give his skin some distinguishing void themed colors and presto, you've got something that looks tough enough to be in the void, beefy enough to be a non-minion, and themed enough to look ranged.

They blatantly stated in one of the red posts that he wasn't a void creature.

Zerglinator

02-26-2012

Remember: this thread, in an alternate timeline, is called @riot: Throwing Riven away for Omen?

Metonymy

02-26-2012

The appearance of Omen does not fit LoL at all.

Renekton, Volibear, and Xerath are the proper way to handle beastly champions: vertically oriented, or at least compact.

This game needs more champion concepts that aren't dash, shield, and steroid. I would include more abilities that are 'cheesy' in low elo, but no serious threat to high elo players. Things like Blitz's autoattacking ultimate, Janna's fight resets, Mundo's ultimate, auras that stick to enemies, disabling the enemy's strongest ability, superior map vision, unusual concepts like maintaining near invulnerability but having low impact.

These things can be fun for newbies, without changing the core gameplay.

Zygen360

02-26-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
There's truth in this. Getting good feedback from the community is always helpful I say. Heck, who knows if there's a solution fit for Omen, or someone of his kind, in the contents of this thread. That's an extremely important part of the community. We're developers, but how cool is it that you guys are working out mechanics, design, visuals, story, all with us just scratching the surface of how we dealt with Omen. I think that's fantastic.

Summation: I'd like to eat your brains, please.

Nothing is ever really killed, at least from what I've seen. We sometimes icebox things so that we can swoop back in later when we come upon a good solution. We're not going to abandon what worked, we're just going to make sure what worked has the right vehicle to.. work..

Keep it up with the great feedback and great analysis! I think all of us at Riot love hearing the community's solutions and ideas. Just give us time to absorb, process, and implement! It's hard to keep up with you guys with all the good ideas you throw at us! =D

I'm telling you ironstylus. Just give omen laser cannons on his back Problem fixed now he looks like a ranged champion

Give him some lore that viktor caught him and gave them it or something Use your imagination. He joined the "Gloryous evolution"