@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegiticusMaximus

02-25-2012

So, on the subject of champions who were mistaken for being from the void, when are we going to see more champions who actually ARE from the void? It's been nearly two years without one, and before the lore team imploded there was some stuff being put out about a potential void arc.

On the even more important subject of noodles, why does this thread have so little talk of non-instant ramen?

In Sprata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

If we visuals are such a problem, replace spines with a laser canon attached to his back, there.

Problem solved. 8)

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

I don't really get why reds dislike Omen's look... they say he doesn't looks like any role at all, well does Cho looks like a tank when he's tiny? no... does shen looks like a tank AT ALL? no... Skarner doesn't looks like a tanky dps either, if any he looks like a tank too, specially with his shield on...

I really like Omen's look, because it reminds me of Cho, do I care if there's a lot of cho's running around on the void? no, he's the one that made it out of the void and into the league.

I loved, LOVED, ziggs because he broke with the human-like creatures, even though he has 2 legs, 1 head and 2 arms, he's fluffy and cheschire-catsy crazy; Nautilus? not at all, what's nautilus supposed to be? a monster? why not give him 8 arms or 7 eyes? no, instead you go for a humanoid look that disbands the whole appeal of the guy, same thing with xerath, 2 legs, when you could of just made a cone there and have him fly about imprisoned in his coffin, your champs are becoming more and more human and that's boring, Fiora is just another human, although I admit the game needed a female melee dps, but why couldn't she be a female gigantic bee for example? a female yordle would be fine too! one that's gracious instead of burly or tomboyish.

Seriously having a new champ every 2 weeks is fine for me but I think the game has changed way too much from when cho, and kog were released and you should take at least a look at the past and learn a bit from yourselves, I hope one day I could have a team full of void creatures at least by skins!

Buradin

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerys View Post
Off the top of my head, I can think of a few additions to Omen that would make him stand out and be more of a unique character instead of generic monster guy #23411235.

He seems to lack any particularly unique features, but that could be remedied by making his current features more prominent(not super great, imo), or adding something cool and different.

He's obviously spiny/thorny, which I think could fit really well into a cool concept for him. My own personal idea would be to mix him in with Ryze somehow, with that whole thorn magic thing. The runes on his body are really fitting for that, too. Ryze is a rogue mage, so having some creature created by his reckless use of magic or maybe a creature akin to that same magic who's sent after Ryze to stop his wild use of magic would be really cool, give some neat personality, and give him an "in" into the lore of the LoL world. I think this is really fitting considering Ryze himself thinks of this thorn magic as an abomination, so using Omen as a physical embodiment of this is a really cool idea to me.

Besides that, making the runes(or whatever they are supposed to be) on Omen more prominent adds to this idea and makes him stick out a little more.

Another idea to make him more unique would be to make him asymmetrical in some way. What I mean is like... make one of his front legs a giant fist and/or change his tail to look entirely different from the rest of his body. This reaffirms the "abomination" part I mentioned above, and gives him less of a generic look.

I think something like this would be really cool for his one giant fist thing: http://www.tentaclearmada.com/images...trength-06.jpg

Setting his tail up so that the spines run along it instead of being at the end of it, and maybe arcing up to make a kind of spine(literal, like a cross between a human spine and a porcupine) would be cool, kind of like this but without the multicolors: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs43/f/20...Jollepoker.png

Giving him a sort of papery look(fitting with the Ryze thing, maybe there's another scroll out there? Maybe these scrolls summon these types of creatures, maybe someone managed to steal Ryze's scroll and fool around with it to summon this guy before Ryze could get it back?) with maybe some ink dripping from him in place of like... monster ooze or whatever(like Kog'maw, but inky), and you'd have a pretty badass looking creature with some cool and fun lore, and that doesn't seem like super generic monster guy.
^ This
@Reds, what's your response to that? I think it sounds fairly interesting and would add more to Ryze, who is already a bit vague as being a wandering rogue mage.

SetzerValorin

02-26-2012

Just dropping by....thought I'd leave this here.

Celebi

Recruiter

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaTran View Post
This thread is so full of Red win that is is exemplary of exactly why I love Riot Games.
Best.
<3
You do realize they're just trying to justify absurd reasons for having removed Omen right?...

Celebi

Recruiter

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwahn View Post
I wish I couldve posted when this thread was full of red activity. Lots of awesome seeming champs have been thrown away unfortunately (Spider Queen, Tabu, Averdrian) All of which seem like they couldve been largely unique/interesting champs to have in the game. Meh, oh well. Id still really like to see a Dark Knight, type champ made sometime. He wouldnt even be hard to visually design/ champ design for.
I'm all into bringing back cancelled champs, but you have to admit that Averdrian's design looks a little, how can I say this without unintentionally hurting anyone, he looks a little offensive towards a certain region of the world. I don't think lots of people will agree having Averdrian if you get where I'm coming from.

Tabu on the other hand looks very good, it's really a shame he was cancelled and I can see him make a comeback... We need some "silly magic" in the League, I mean we have a silly assassin (Shaco) and silly engineers (Heimerdinger), but why would Tabu, a champion that looks like he could work as the new debuff support who has firework effects and multicolored magic explosions after certain casts, be cancelled?

And as for the "Dark Knight" theme, we already have our Sauron-type champ, although he doesn't have a dragon or horse mount or a kick ass 500 lbs. shield, he still has the looks, and he is Mordekaiser.

ZetsubouFallen

02-26-2012

Less Chit-Chat on this, and remove Riven, Leona, Omen of the game and work on Eve.

DanyaHerald

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post
my original concept for ori's was based on hong meiling + chinese dragon orb.

Ah well - i'm not really sure i've ever really dealt with it.
omg i want this skin now.

Please... Take my money....

D1zz1

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrider View Post
Speaking of canceled heros, were any of Averdrian's skills reused on later heros? If not can you shed some light onto what his skillset was or at least his role?
iirc averdrian became malzahar