Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donyrage

02-24-2012

Quote:
Shufy5:
Give him wings!
Problem solved! LOL

LoL maybe this?
Then he can be a mutalisk, I really can't think of a flying monster that is currently in lol..and omg that would be SO cool

Tentakewls

02-24-2012

Duh, no boobs.

Darkness Beckons

02-24-2012

Quote:
Tentakewls:
Duh, no boobs.

win

quakar

02-24-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:

2. He doesn't look like he has a whole lot of individual personality to him whatsoever.

Why isn't there 10,000 Omens? He kind of just looks like a hydralisk equivalent in the zerg army. That's great for a zerg unit and a monster or a miniboss, but why is this character a unique champion?
[I]

EDIT: Ninja'ed by Zileas. XD

I have to agree with you here. He looks like he would fit the role of malzahars minion than a champion.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-24-2012

Quote:
Tentakewls:
Duh, no boobs.

Wow, I knew we were missing something key with the design. Leave it to the internet...

Liquid Fox

02-24-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Going to play devil's advocate here - a stance that I usually don't take on the forums - but why do you think Omen is cool? Let me give some reasons (again, playing Devil's advocate) why Omen is an odd character.

1. He doesn't look like any role in particular.

Is he a fighter? Is he ranged? If he's a fighter, why does he shoot spines? If he's ranged, why is he so spindly?

2. He doesn't look like he has a whole lot of individual personality to him whatsoever.

Why isn't there 10,000 Omens? He kind of just looks like a hydralisk equivalent in the zerg army. That's great for a zerg unit and a monster or a miniboss, but why is this character a unique champion?

3. Does he have more than niche appeal?

He's kind of got this western alien-retro horror spine needle aspect going on - those are all pretty niche.

^ Same could be said about Nocturne though, how do we know there's not more of them out there, right? When I look at Omen I just think ..."wow that looks amazing, would love to chew some faces with that champion!"

I would insta buy Omen no matter what he is simply because he looks so freakin' cool. For example while I am excited for Fiora, she doesn't have the same appeal to me. I'm that guy that plays WoW for the first time and sees the undead race and goes "YAY", and looks at the human race and goes "lol boring".

Also kit wise, I would imagine Omen as being fast, have some sort of leaping skills, or some planar shift type of skill, and have awesome clawing and biting, and blood and gore and DEATH AND ...err... anyway

Some of the most interesting personalities to play for someone like me don't have to exactly be the hard life/seeing revenge stereotype, I'm more than happy with a homicidal creature that needs no reason to kill other than pure hate or ecstasy.

I mean jesus, just look at this guy, his huge grin and how he looks like he's about to tear you to shreds without any remorse.

DONGLORD420

Recruiter

02-24-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
Wow, I knew we were missing something key with the design. Leave it to the internet...

i like where this is going

DrWhiskersTheCat

02-24-2012

In retrospect, how about brainstorming whole new ideas and maybe changing his body a bit more. He looks like a pretty cool guy, sortive like a silent killer. Is there any way you guys are putting him on hold or just waiting until you can find something to use on him? I really don't want to see him gone for good.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-24-2012

Quote:
Von Hate:
^ Same could be said about Nocturne though, how do we know there's not more of them out there, right? When I look at Omen I just think ..."wow that looks amazing, would love to chew some faces with that champion!"

I would insta buy Omen no matter what he is simply because he looks so freakin' cool. For example while I am excited for Fiora, she doesn't have the same appeal to me. I'm that guy that plays WoW for the first time and sees the undead race and goes "YAY", and looks at the human race and goes "lol boring".

Also kit wise, I would imagine Omen as being fast, have some sort of leaping skills, or some planar shift type of skill, and have awesome clawing and biting, and blood and gore and DEATH AND ...err... anyway

Some of the most interesting personalities to play for someone like me don't have to exactly be the hard life/seeing revenge stereotype, I'm more than happy with a homicidal creature that needs no reason to kill other than pure hate or ecstasy.

Interestingly, Nocturne is immensely appealing globally, and across different groups. One of the most universally liked champion concepts from a visual perspective because he hits all the basis on role, theme, etc. We will happily make more champions that are cool like Nocturne, but we are very confident Omen is not one of those.

St Demonbane

Recruiter

02-24-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Going to play devil's advocate here - a stance that I usually don't take on the forums - but why do you think Omen is cool? Let me give some reasons (again, playing Devil's advocate) why Omen is an odd character.

1. He doesn't look like any role in particular.

Is he a fighter? Is he ranged? If he's a fighter, why does he shoot spines? If he's ranged, why is he so spindly?

3. Does he have more than niche appeal?

He's kind of got this western alien-retro horror spine needle aspect going on - those are all pretty niche.

I agree that he does look like he has very little if not no individuality, but kog'maw looks as though there could be multiple of as well, and he specifies that he has a father which only helps that thought. He does remind me of a zerg as well, but he can gain individuality just as some of the elite zerg had. lots of league of legends characters are just elites of an army themselves, how do we know that there isnt an army in the void? so making omen an elite could give him his own individuality, as well as add to the void lore