New game mode idea: Roulette.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spank McGankins

01-29-2014

In this game mode, everyone starts out with 1500 gold. You can spend 500 gold to roll for a random tier 1 item, 1500 gold for a random tier 2 item, or 2500 gold for a random tier 3 item. (I'm bad at math, so feel free to contribute whatever your ideas may be, these are just examples of how the mode would work...) Besides the only way to shop being through this method, everything else is the same. Oh, and it costs a certain amount to upgrade if you roll a tier 2 or 3, and you can only sell a set number of items per game. I think this would be the most hilarious thing ever. Who knows, we might actually even see Ohmwrecker in a game!

Egrodiel

01-29-2014

While this would actually be very fun, this player base is too try hard and will get legitimately mad if they lose. I could only image how many time someone will "gg easy" despite it being a luck game or "LOL U GUYS LOSE TO AP VAYNE"

Kiyoish

01-29-2014

edit: ty

Regardless sounds like a very fun mode.

Spank McGankins

01-29-2014

Yeah, but there are always gonna be the tryhards. They're in ARAM, they were in One For All. There's no getting around that. And as far as the tiers being reversed, you're probably right...

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

Half those costs and you got yourself something awesome. But charging market price for a random item makes it fairly frustrating to get a bad roll. 1250 for an hourglass on garen isn't nearly as frustrating as 2500.

Axxlon

01-29-2014

Tryharding should be a reportable offense in ARAM. Lmao

Spank McGankins

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Half those costs and you got yourself something awesome. But charging market price for a random item makes it fairly frustrating to get a bad roll. 1250 for an hourglass on garen isn't nearly as frustrating as 2500.
Yeah, I'm not the best theorycrafter, especially when it comes to math. If someone wants to like, legitimately figure out some type of accurate pricing system, feel free to go for it. The only thing that I was thinking about was that a typical full build is around 20k, give or take, so I made it less to get the six items, but I wasn't sure how much less I should shoot for.

Spank McGankins

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoish View Post
Aren't the tiers the other way around in rarity?

Regardless sounds like a very fun mode.
Fixed it for ya.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank McGankins View Post
Yeah, I'm not the best theorycrafter, especially when it comes to math. If someone wants to like, legitimately figure out some type of accurate pricing system, feel free to go for it. The only thing that I was thinking about was that a typical full build is around 20k, give or take, so I made it less to get the six items, but I wasn't sure how much less I should shoot for.
The idea for a mode is solid. Just need to have ways to mitigate annoying parts. Personally I just think that the tough choice rerolls are part of the late game draw. Do you reroll your sunfire on kat, and risk getting a BoRK instead? Or do you stay with an item you can at least a little bit.

That is just how i'd read into the idea though. Maybe other people would rather see it be less about rerolling items.