Lux being pushed into a support role?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benalicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

What do you guys think of the lux changes? Especially if you've actually played with them on PBE.

I'm definitely excited that Lux is being looked at, but as Morello mentioned in the spotlight, her actual damage potential is now decreasing. I've played quite a bit of Lux, and I'm sure most other Lux players would agree you almost NEVER hold lucent singularity. Not because you want to get the cooldown back, but because you want to hit them before they get out of it.

I think the change was a good one, but I don't think the cooldown increase was really necessary. Lux was already a slightly sub-par choice as an AP carry, and now even more so. All the Lux changes seem to be moving her toward a 0cs support role. This makes me sad.

Annalisa

02-24-2012

It was a one second increase, which is still lower than what it was before they buffed it. I think it's great. I don't think they are pushing her into a support role at all. I think the E buff was great, and I can't wait to use it in an actual game, versus just customs on PBE. I hold my E a lot to zone as well as slow if I cast it before my Q.

Daunn

02-24-2012

If they do push her onto support, I'll be supporting all day, everyday. and stealing the cs with E.

dDamage

02-24-2012

If they hadn't increased the cd you'd just sit there and zone people all day with it. Would probably give her too much lane control. At least that's what they seemed to be worried about.

But really how much of a cd increase was it, I don't remember if they said in the spotlight. Hopefully AP Carry Lux will still be viable.

e: A 1 second increase? That's not that bad.

Benalicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

Mmm if it's one second, then I suppose that isn't too bad. Her cooldowns are what keep her from being a strong AP carry though, and this is a move in the opposite direction. We'll see though. I'm glad they are tweaking her at least without taking away her fun playstyle.

ArtemisFowl5

Recruiter

02-24-2012

AP carry lux will be viable as i don't think they are changing scalings.

The actuall CD on E is decreased from what was before - I tend to not always instantly pop it and sometimes when scouting this really was a problem.

The Greench

02-24-2012

wish there were more supports, man cant believe they are making heroes into supports.- the forums

UnicornicusPrime

02-24-2012

Also... how often do you actually spam E (without blue)... I know i dont... I dont see this change affecting the way I play lux mid since I rarely use E instantly after it comes off cooldown.... I usually wait till the time is right to throw out my E.

NovaAsterix

02-24-2012

Lux ult + Nocturne = happy.

Suppa Tenko Ran

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daunn View Post
If they do push her onto support, I'll be supporting all day, everyday. and stealing the cs with E.
You mean stealing EVERYTHING. With ANYTHING.

12345 ... 10