Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

AD Katarina viable? Try this build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My first post was before i tried and my second post is after i tried, it was a waste of trying and my second post (after i tried) is how i realy feel about his dumb build.

the thing is..now katarina's ult scales better with AP and Q E only scales with AP as well
so tell me again..why AD? katarina is not an AD caster
auto attacks? you wont even be going for attack speed, so 1 AA each second..for what

Katarina simply just doesn't have enough base attack speed or natural tankiness to function as an ad. I agree that she's a good top laner but only if you build tanky ap.

I think the triple BT build is out of question now. However, I tried AD Kata, against some opponents she can be quite a lane bully, E-AA-W and out does nice damage. As for her ratios, she loses 1.0 AP on Q+E, which is not that big deal, and if she builds some items with good AD (e.g. IE, Maw/Mercurial), she doesn't lose much on W+R. Of course she needs some AS, her base AS is not bad, but she has no AS steroids.

I think one can have fun playing AD Katarina even though it is not a legitimate and competitive build. Against some champions it can succeed, especially if the enemy player is not playing his best (or he's simply bad). She can be built as a bruisery AD and she can split-push rather well and thanks to her huge range E she can escape to the safety of a ward.

As for runes, I'd advise AD marks and AD or AS quints, per-level defenses for the rest. Masteries 21/9/0 basically the same as for AD carry (but with Expose weakness), as for build I am not 100% sure, but I'd advise some crit (IE), AS/lifesteal (BoRK), defensive items (Mallet/Trinity, Atma, Maw/Mercurial), boots for either mag.pen (you still do magic damage) or defense. You should actually be able to win games with her, but it is not a good idea for ranked games, obviously, unless you are pretty sure you can wreck your lane opponent with it.