Fiora, The Grand Duelist, Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsxetoC

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am sam View Post
Do we know if Riposte reflects on hit effects?
it should, since thornmail reflects damage of parrrley and ezreals Q

Davrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

sounds nice but will there be any changes to yi ?

RabbitLeader

02-25-2012

Female Yi, poor guy will never know what hit him.

Elzh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Nooooo.... Yi... You made a female Yi, Riot. Smooth. That said. When are we getting new champs that DON'T cost 6300?

Arctic Bro

02-25-2012

Wuju style.
-EDIT- I main Yi, hope to counter her.

RagerDave

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalmartLowPrice View Post
This is one of the most GENERIC and disappointing champs released to date.

She has the same passive as Warwick:
"Eternal Thirst - Each of Warwick's attacks will heal him. Each successive attack against the same target will restore increasing amounts of health to Warwick."

Her Q is the same as Akali's ult:
"Shadow Dance - Akali moves through shadows to quickly strike her target, dealing damage and consuming an Essence of Shadow charge.. up to 3 total." (2 instead of 3)

Her E is the same as Sivir's ult.. gaining increased attack speed & movement speed.

Her ult is Master Yi's Alpha Strike ability.

Her only unique ability is Riposte/reflect damage.

In my opinion, the game would benefit more if riot champion designers put more thought into new champs abilities... Recycling the same abilities over and over again is just ...lame. that's the simplest way to say it.
There are a few key differences...one the passive WW is more like lifesteal...Fiona's is more like health regeneration. It is more like a hybrid mix of Garen's passive and WW's passive. However, unlike WW passive the health regeneration is regeneration and not direct health. Meaning that the passive is completely different. Next.

Her Q is not Shadow Dance...in fact it is a physical damage attack that does not proc on hit effects like Ryjals. It also is not a blatant rip off as she can cast it once again for no mana and charge a separate low health foe. 2 for 4 wrong right now...guess we might as well continue.

Her E is a short duration ability that only gives it to herself...a closer rip off would have been to say like Yi, but seeing as how you are ignorant to certain champions we will let your belligerence slide for a second. Burst of Speed is an impressive ability that relies heavily on timing to keep the ability up and running. The more time she hits you...the faster she gets...and even lunge can speed her up! Amazing ability, but yet we want to yell about being unoriginal, yet so far you just seem like a typical complainer. Next on the list is her ultimate.

Blade Waltz is physical damage...nothing like Alpha strike already...it does reduced damage if it hits a target twice. Meaning she can hit a target twice...nothing like Alpha Strike. It has a longer cd because it is an ultimate....nothing like alpha strike. The only similarity between the two is the fact she is unable to be attacked during it. Oh NO! E-gad that another pure ad carry has an ability that makes it unable to be attacked. God forbid that you could just stay on her the whole time making her your ****.

All in all, seriously, stop the gripes. The champ is original as it packages different things together and has new mechanics such as her W which makes for a pretty interesting time judging those basic attacks. I think she is going to be fun...may put the meta in a bit of tizzy as she can easily go double bot due to her distance closer and ultimate. So...what do I expect? Fun. This champ will be fun, much to the dismay of the few people against this champion. She will be a blast to play against other AD carries and tanky dps as she can stop a potentially bad situation with W...plus we needed more pure AD carries. Regardless of what people say this changes a lot of things and this champion couldn't get here any sooner. However, people want a new support...I think it would be interesting to have one, but why rush out another carbon copy of Soraka. Give Riot time to find an interesting mechanic to push for supports. Its harder to make supports than any other champions in the game due to them needing several things to make them a good support instead of a quickly forgotten champion.

So here is my score of Fiona:

9/10

An above average champion that is in a good spot, but will be raged about. She didn't make a 10/10 because of that rage...I reserve 10/10 for perfectly balanced release champions. She...will be amazing and that is all it takes to be nerfed to the ground.

Oczajdusza

02-25-2012

Why... in almost all online games so many female characters wear plate armors which looks like they are good only to do some pole dance...

Purona

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentiment View Post
Riven IS a carry. She scales well into lategame.

If she is not a carry, then what is she? Tanky dps? No, she doesn't build defense. Assassin? Maybe, but assassins don't really scale well. (Pantheon falls off, Talon, LeBlanc, etc etc.)

And yeah I don't listen to the tags because they're all wrong, but I'm just sayin'.
shes not a melee carry

melee carrys

all have a way to heal innately
a way to increase there AD
and a movement ability

bruisers are duelists in this game they excel in one on one engagements with ways to increase and decrease damage

increase damage with ult decreases damage done with stun and shield she doesn't have to build alot of defense because of the stun and the shield but she still has to build defense if she wants to survive at all late game

lifesteal doesnt work that well as a melee carry because she doesnt auto attack as much aka Ad/As stacking so its not as effective

Chzrm3

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Is your advice to not give players what they want and instead try to show off how clever we are? Personally, I think that's a really bad way to make a game.
TY for finally saying this. =D I get really tired of hearing people complain about champion designs that I personally love and find really appealing.

LittleSchneider

02-25-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhq9n8gq4-0 !!! Lol, See this, is she fiora? lol