Complete Twisted Treeline Guide for dummies?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azakir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

I used to play Twisted Treeline quite a lot (back when I wasn't even level 30 yet, and a bit when I was barely level 30), so like over a year ago, which is a very long time ago. Back then of course there was no meta involved in our games, other than needing a tank and needing to not all be magic or all be physical.

Since then, I've played less than a handful of TT games, and every time I just got squashed. I'd like to give TT another shot, but unlike SR there are no pro streams of TT (or at least as far as I know) and VERY few (mostly outdated) guides for TT, so it's hard to get better and learn about the 3v3 meta.

Therefore, is there anybody who can link me a guide that ISN'T OUTDATED that covers every important aspect of 3v3 (champs, typical itemization in comparison to SR, level 1 fights, laning in comparison to SR, jungle in comparison to SR, etc.)...or you can always just write it as a reply ^^ Thx in advance!

EZ Bake Loven

02-24-2012

Here are mini guides by me that are generalized but still have info you might not know. There are other good tips that people have posted on the forums too. Just look around some of the old threads.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1844820

and

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1850235

CALlSTO

EZ Bake Loven

02-25-2012

^ great guide

zzCitizen

02-26-2012

The best guide for 3v3 I've read. It's helped me improve drastically and my favorite exerpt is when he talks about mia calls...

"MIA calls are a thing of the past.

EACH player is INDIVIDUALLY responsible for watching the map. In a 5v5 map, even an exceptional player might wait 15-30 seconds before calling MIA for his partners. If you rely on a partner to call MIA for you after this amount of time, you are as good as dead.

One second a hero could be hiding in the bushes of top lane, and mere seconds later he could be in your face on bottom lane owning you in a 3 man gank. Seconds later he is back to his lane."

www.leagueoflegends-wiki.com/lol/guides/twisted-treeline-the-new-3v3-metagame---by-protoman

fazisi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

I almost feel I need to make a guide to describe the TT meta. Calisto's guide is very good reading for anyone unfamiliar with the map but isn't very descriptive, especially regarding minor runes. He states they are difficult for a level 1 to kill and while this is true, it remains true for several levels afterwards except on the most adept of junglers. I cannot count the number of dead champions that have died to wolves and wraiths.

I haven't seen protoman's guide before today so I have to take a quick read. He makes excellent points regarding deployables like teemo shrooms, shaco boxes and nidalee traps. I don't know how dated the guide is however... he mentions something about Heimer having 6 turrets.

I notice in both guides they make gp/5 items to be complete garbage. While it is true you will not benefit from these items as much as you might in a 5s game given the average game length, that shouldn't be the deciding factor. Some champions are born losers when it comes to last hitting and sometimes you have to share a lane and take less minion kills. Also, there are some extremely valuable items that build off of these like Shurelia's and Randuin's.

EZ Bake Loven

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazisi View Post
I almost feel I need to make a guide to describe the TT meta.

Some champions are born losers when it comes to last hitting and sometimes you have to share a lane and take less minion kills. .
Don't make a guide if you think last hitting animations are an excuse to buy a gp/5 item. Share a lane? Again, don't make a guide. All serious ranked TT players are solo lanes. Never will you see a double lane above 1500 so although you have good intentions I would much rather a high gold or platinum player who has seen and experienced "high level play" to make one as insight to lower players that don't grasp the meta at all. I'm not saying you're a bad player, but if you're writing a guide about the meta and talking about sharing a lane, you have no clue what you're talking about.

fazisi

02-27-2012

So EZ Bake, your lanes always remain in their respective lane, jungler always remains in jungle except ganks and you completely ignore the part where I mention building the gp/5 item into greater items. I obviously didn't word it clearly enough for you, but I guess you thought I meant that buying a gp/5 item without the intention of upgrading it was a good idea.

Also, thank you for considering that all players who are reading a guide on how to play TT are in the 1500 ranked bracket as your competition already. I'm not saying you're a troll, but if you're writing anything, you have to be aware of your audience.

Quick Rawr

02-27-2012

If I can tell based on the champ selections at the beginning that the laning phase is going to drag out (normal queue and no jungler) then I'll get a philo stone on Cho for sustain... and if a caster perhaps a lucky pick if they have someone going mega tanky, but for the majority of the time I would never recommend gp/5 items. TT is a quicker paced game (unless one of the teams plays it wrong and allows the others to turtle) for these items to pay off as they do in SR.

pochoclotot

02-27-2012

Quote:
that's about as good as a TT guide can get, complete and quite accurate. Too bad I didn't have it when I started