Just how good IS Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

demo is

v4v3nd3774

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktitan View Post
In a prefect world that would be true, however not all enemy heroes are easilly kited and against someone good you will not land every E. Addionally when pushing creeps you will be auto attacking creep and Sanguine Blade is great for sustain after any sort of skirmish.

When I first was playing Urgot I had in my head that autoattacking was bad on him and it definately hurt my play. While it might not be ideal it isn't terrible either.
I agree about Sanguine and the sustain, it's not a bad item at all for it's price and the AD given. Infact it's really good. But to specifically itemize for on hit is another thing(bc). Like you said, autoattacking isn't bad, but you don't *aim* to do it unless perhaps a 1v1, especially one you can kite with autos too.

Basoosh

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
But ME3 isnt out yet... is it?
No, just demo. I think is referring to Point Defense stream.

DoYouLikeMyHat

02-27-2012

I like Urgot and play him often with alot of success but im surprised at how most here play him bot. I usually play roamer and bush ganker/harrass.

Ive played him bot and done ok but not well enough to think him great at it. Although its been awhile.

If you can chain land E you can do well but anyone with a brain will get boots early and sit back making this tough. If they really want to counter you they will also get a chain vest.

Also your push is middling/weak, you have 1 aoe that you level second and most of all you are primarily aiming at the enemy champion not the waves. Most of you dont get a mana item so if your spamming endless Qs on minions to keep the waves from overwhelming you you will oom quickly.
I assume you play like I do with your primary objective being killing the other enemy hero asap so you can ignore the push issue and just cap their point.
If you miss an E you can be counter harassed with ease or they can simply unload on the minions freely for several seconds.

Lots of E's and/or bad players make for a solid bot game but I recall alot of games against other strong bots who built/played well preventing kills which led to them strongly outpushing urg's weak minion farm.

What do you do if your enemy is smart and dodging your E's or building armor.

v4v3nd3774

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouLikeMyHat View Post
If you can chain land E you can do well but anyone with a brain will get boots early and sit back making this tough. If they really want to counter you they will also get a chain vest.
Chain Vest alone doesn't counter Urgot. It doesn't even go a long ways to shutting down his damage. A 100armor target has his armor reduced to 23.3 with LW/CSbuff/10%Mastery and 31pen from runes/masteries, let alone a Brutalizer.
Quote:
Also your push is middling/weak, you have 1 aoe that you level second and most of all you are primarily aiming at the enemy champion not the waves. Most of you dont get a mana item so if your spamming endless Qs on minions to keep the waves from overwhelming you you will oom quickly.
You only have trouble pushing as Urgot from 4-7~ roughly. Once you have any damage and Q is at least 4 you can clear a wave in but a few seconds with Q and autos. Garrison does wonders when vs anything that can outpush you from 4-5 provided you don't kill them, like Malz or Heimer. Mana is only an issue if you've completely neglected it in your runes/masteries starting item and are reckless. You should honestly be zoning them so that this isn't even a conversation, that or they die.
Quote:
If you miss an E you can be counter harassed with ease or they can simply unload on the minions freely for several seconds.
A well played Urgot will drastically reduce his ability to get counter harrassed when he misses E by pressing W and slowing them with a blind Q(1000 range). A typical champion that has 600-650 engage range(spell range) can be perma-kited with this if they're overly aggessive while your E is down.
Quote:
Lots of E's and/or bad players make for a solid bot game but I recall alot of games against other strong bots who built/played well preventing kills which led to them strongly outpushing urg's weak minion farm.
Urgot is probably handsdown the strongest bot in the game right now, aside Yorick and Udyr(due to Udyr being borderline unkillable early). Again Urgot doesn't have to outpush. He zones them only killing the ranged minions forcing a slow-push toward their turret. By the time it gets there it's 8-10 casterminions strong.
Quote:
What do you do if your enemy is smart and dodging your E's or building armor.
See above.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Hmmm, how are most of you building him. I'm still pretty experienced with him (30 games maybe?) so I haven't deviated too far from using Brut, Mallet, Ionian boots and Atmas as my core. Any games lasting longer than that have been me getting an Odyn's and then filling in whatever I need at the time.

Hawktitan

02-27-2012

If I go bottom I go Blade/Boots trying to rush Sanguine Blade for sustain. Following that I get brutalizer and start looking at defenses, either a glacial shroud or hex drinker depending if i want armor or MR. After that it is pretty situtational.

Lucian32

Recruiter

02-27-2012

I usually go bot with him.

Skill Order: 2Q & E to start. Then Max Q and W.

My build is generally: Tear > Manamune > Boots > Brutalizer > Merc or Tabi > Glacial Shroud > FH > Atmas or Last Whisper or MR if i need.

I go very tanky with him because he will hit for true damage on most champs, it beefs up the usefulness on his shield, and it makes it a lot harder to push him off towers with his range.

Also, I think CDR on Urgot is extremely underrated.

Fkzz

02-27-2012

Urgot is a great champ, the basic thing is learning ur E delay animation (the delay time the acid grenade flies to the ground target.
Now involving it in ur mind games is the hardest part, but everygame i played with my Urgot and Panth (yeah i love AD casters) was so refreshing and rewarding, its like they push u to the limit by over-rev.