Just how good IS Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epjest

02-24-2012

Urgot is an amazing bully and can go anywhere in dominion with success.

He can seige a point with his harass, and on Dominion you can forgo the Manamune.

My Urgot build is typically...

Merc Treads OR Ninja Tabi OR Berzerker Treads
Sanguine Blade
Odyn's Veil
Infinity Edge
Atma's Impaler
Last Whisper

You should make it at least towards the IE (Crit portions last), and just remember that your auto-attack does actually hurt so USE IT.

Glorious Bird

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff Tacos View Post
I freaking love Urgot.

My issue, though, is item builds. Urgot thrives off of damage, arpen, and CD. Other than Brutalizer, Hexdrinker and Lightbringer, there is no way to build straight AD. All the BF sword branches have useless stats. I always seem to find my damage dying off late game because either waste gold on expensive, partially useless attack items, or building defense.

Wat do?
Brutalier, FH, Atmas

After that get a BF Sword.

The one with crit OR leech are both good at that point. You've hit the point where you can just E->Q harass and you have people that'll gap close and go toe to toe. The crit is faster kills, the leech is a little more survivability, and cleaver is lower armor which is always good. I prefer cleaver or the life steal one. Cleaver synergizes with Q and E's damage and people WILL get armor and with aura, runes, E, and cleaver you're doing **** near close to true damage and honestly I tihnk cleaver just give more returns than a LW on Urgot unlike the atypical AD.

Situational defense obviously has a place before BF, but it typically isnt needed with your passive and shield.

Ensign

02-25-2012

I feel like every time I go on a bad losing streak I end up in games where the other team doesn't ban Urgot, and doesn't pick him, and I get to just dunk on people with him all game.

I'm not even particularly good with Urgot.

(bouncing between 2000 and 2100 rating pretty consistently)

Hint for other baddies: zone by spamming Q. If Q is going to hit, hit W (Q checks when it hits, not when you fire it), then pill, then kill. Missing the pill is what gets you killed.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff Tacos View Post
I freaking love Urgot.

My issue, though, is item builds. Urgot thrives off of damage, arpen, and CD. Other than Brutalizer, Hexdrinker and Lightbringer, there is no way to build straight AD. All the BF sword branches have useless stats. I always seem to find my damage dying off late game because either waste gold on expensive, partially useless attack items, or building defense.

Wat do?
See, this is a bad mindset to play Urgot, and it is a trap that I fell into my first few games with him.

He is an AD caster, but if you aren't ever auto-attacking with him you will fail. Black Cleaver (mmm more armor reduction) and Sanguine Blade are both really good on Urgot. Sheen is also pretty good and relatively cheap - i don't usually get tri-force though, too expensive.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Urgot and Yorick are my next champion purchases. The only thing in question is which will go on sale first.

Bolshoi

02-25-2012

I was a fairly good Urgot on SR before Dom came into being. I have yet to lose bot as Urgot, and even when I do die, their lane is so pushed they're never able to take my point. And when I do die, it's usually because of one or two extra enemies who came to help.

I'd definitely classify him as OP. I fear Urgot on bot more than any other champ

Iceler1

Recruiter

02-25-2012

get urgot

v4v3nd3774

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktitan View Post
See, this is a bad mindset to play Urgot, and it is a trap that I fell into my first few games with him.

He is an AD caster, but if you aren't ever auto-attacking with him you will fail. Black Cleaver (mmm more armor reduction) and Sanguine Blade are both really good on Urgot. Sheen is also pretty good and relatively cheap - i don't usually get tri-force though, too expensive.
I don't agree with this at all. If you're using his w to potential it means you can place people in a perpetual loop of being kited. There's no reason you should willingly go into melee range(425) of every champ when building so glass cannon, especially with such an advantage. Yea you *can* put your autos to use if you're not being focused in a teamfight but willingly positioning yourself within engage range of everyone on their team while you have such range and are likely the main threat just seems outright silly to me.

Hawktitan

02-26-2012

In a prefect world that would be true, however not all enemy heroes are easilly kited and against someone good you will not land every E. Addionally when pushing creeps you will be auto attacking creep and Sanguine Blade is great for sustain after any sort of skirmish.

When I first was playing Urgot I had in my head that autoattacking was bad on him and it definately hurt my play. While it might not be ideal it isn't terrible either.

Darmival

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaticide View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you have an Urgot on your team and lost its probably because the rest of your team alt-tabbed out of game to play Mass Effect 3.
But ME3 isnt out yet... is it?