Just how good IS Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

not real pro

02-24-2012

I have 3k IP laying around and I'm not sure if I should buy him for dom or not. I hear he's good bot lane but I'm not really so sure, and I don't see him banned that frequently in 1600 bracket.

I still get people with flash in 1600 I don't understand why

Syrino

02-24-2012

I was actually just thinking about getting Urgot and trying him in bottom lane. I figure with his long range harass he makes up a bit for his lack of pushing power.

Just my two cents.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

Urgot is one of the best or the best bot in Dominion, right up there with Yorick. While being able to go bottom against most champs and win the lane bottom, he is still very strong going top with his long range harass and abilities. I am at 1900 ELO and he is banned quite frequently, which is sad cause he is my favorite champ.

Sauron

02-24-2012

Urgot is gooder than good. He's the goodest of all goodlies. He's good top, he's good bot, and he's good eating green eggs and ham.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's really really strong. He is a frequent ban in high elo.

The Wrongsword

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Urgot is gooder than good. He's the goodest of all goodlies. He's good top, he's good bot, and he's good eating green eggs and ham.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's really really strong. He is a frequent ban in high elo.
Yeah the high elo part is important, urgot is really an expert level champ. below really high elos he is hardly ever seen, or banned, and most of the urgots you see arent that good. i have consistently good success with AD champs at pretty high elos but i picked up urgot and he made no sense to me whatsoever, I couldnt even kill bots. But in the right hands he can be insane.

So yeah urgot is potentially awesome, certainly if Sauron says so he knows what he's talking about. But that being said, if you arent 2000+ ELO and really know what you're doing theres a high likelihood you will pay 3150 ip, break out urgot and do absolutely nothing useful. so dont be surprised if that happens

Vaticide

02-24-2012

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you have an Urgot on your team and lost its probably because the rest of your team alt-tabbed out of game to play Mass Effect 3.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

I ban Urgot if I don't have first pick and suspect I am playing against Sauron/Nekrogen. Otherwise I will usually always pick him cause he can go wherever he is needed and do well.

RealWolf M

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaticide View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you have an Urgot on your team and lost its probably because the rest of your team alt-tabbed out of game to play Mass Effect 3.
I knew there was a reason

EinzigerAI

02-24-2012

I've only won/played a few games with him, but I was able to control bottom w/o really any issues whatsoever. Most of it came from the ultrasquish comp my blind pick team went for.

Mindllapse

02-24-2012

Quote:

you're dead, Dr. Seuss