Most Efficient Way to Get AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MforWW

02-24-2012

This one is for all you math pro's.

With 6,800 gold, what build will get you the absolute most AP (excluding stacking items)?

I ask because lately I've been going with
-Rabadon's
-Needlessly Large Rod x2

Rabadon's is a somewhat obvious choice due to its passive, and I've heard it repeated often that Needlessly Large Rods are some of the most gold efficient items in the game. But can we do better?? I feel that while it's good, it might not be optimal.

/I picked 6,800 gold because by late game (after getting boots and dorans) that's usually the amount of gold I tend to have if I've done decently

edit: I didn't mean really mean "late" game. In fact i meant more midgame. What I also failed to mention is that immediately after the AP I get a void staff, hence why I limit the gold amount to 6,800 (so I have time to factor in getting my void staff and remaining potent through late game)

double edit: for those of you who only read the first page and think the question has been answered, turn to page 2

Scootz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

you only get about 8k gold a game?

Arioni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

Archangel's Staff + Rabadon's, I think. Depends on your level, your base mana, runes etc. but I'd say with these two you can get the most AP.

E:
If you have 2500 mana with Rabadon's & Archangel's Staff, you will gain 338 AP w/o anything else.
120 From Archangel's
140 From Rabadon's
+30% from Rabadon's.

Note:
This is excluding stacking 2x Needlessly Large Rods for yourself.

CaCD

02-24-2012

Just pure AP is not the most important thing lol

Scootz

02-24-2012

yeah if u want to go straight up AP, and nothing else, get a rabadon's, and build a buncha archangels

Dr Clueless PhD

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MforWW View Post
I picked 6,800 gold because by late game (after getting boots and dorans) that's usually the amount of gold I tend to have if I've done decently
I usually get at least 10k gold playing Support. 0.o

mayipora

02-24-2012

well if you only have 6800 gold then deathcap + 2 * needless large rod + blue pot gets you most ap

but if you want to stack ap, then death cap + 5 * archangels gives you most ap

Randomocity132

02-24-2012

Take into account that more AP isn't the same as more damage if they have any MR. Void staff could be very useful if they do have MR.

Yaladilae

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootz View Post
yeah if u want to go straight up AP, and nothing else, get a rabadon's, and build a buncha archangels
But i play Kennen!

Willfox

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioni View Post
Archangel's Staff + Rabadon's, I think. Depends on your level, your base mana, runes etc. but I'd say with these two you can get the most AP.

E:
If you have 2500 mana with Rabadon's & Archangel's Staff, you will gain 338 AP w/o anything else.
120 From Archangel's
140 From Rabadon's
+30% from Rabadon's.

Note:
This is excluding stacking 2x Needlessly Large Rods for yourself.
Except it will take you 20minutes to stack archangels to any decent mana pool size