Counters to Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Last Eternal

02-23-2012

[CENTER]The Counter to Shen

We have all seen the Shen buffs, his dominance of top lane, his constant ban in high and low elo, and his over all power. I have recently taken up playing Shen, and have found that a Shen pick is an almost guaranteed win of top lane. If pushed back to your turret, a quick taunt->Q->AA will have them fleeing back to base. Shen is extremely hard to gank and he has an easy time creeping. Most champions cannot take Shen on top. Now after seeing this, whenever you see a Shen pick, you will probably autolock one of these two champs. They are Yorick and Vladimir.

Yorick- For some reason, he isnt played as much as he should be. In some aspects he is the best solo top champion, but that is just my opinion. Against Shen, he completey destroys. Once an early Tear is grabbed, Yorick is able to creep, and harass extremely effectively. His damage is way to high, so for Shen players always be on the lookout for a Yorick top. Its extremely hard to win this lane, so start cloth 5 health pots and try and creep as much as you can. Then once you hit 6 start to get involved in other lanes, get assist, and go back into your lane and creep.

Vladimir- Yea he is Vlad, i dont think there is much need for explanation. Vlad pushes the lane fast and is very hard to gank. His damage is pretty high, and his lane sustain is one of the best in the game. Now he isnt as big of a counter as Yorick is, because Shen is able to deal a significant amount of damage back to Vladimir. Only way to win the lane is to get early ganks and fight before he goes back for his Revolver.

Post who else you think counters Shen. Kennen can be annoying, and Rumble hurts alot, but Vlad and Yorick seem to be the strongest of the counters.[/CENTER]

Zorasama

02-23-2012

He got a slight nerfed already.

PlatySlug

02-23-2012

irelia is good vs him

PaleAssassin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Garen, Mordekaiser.

onboardtonowhere

02-23-2012

Vlad counters almost any melee. With maybe the exception of gangplank and riven (but even that can be a real breeze after WOTA).

Baron Perenolde

02-23-2012

It's more of a case of common sense rather than needing a specific champ to beat Shen. I see all these complaints about how he'll towerdive then shield AND taunt away safely.

I for one call bs on that.

Just those two moves blow 170 of his small 200-210 energy pool; if you're communicating with your team (specifically your jungler), then that is your opening to go in and hit him while his defenses are down. Yes, Shen can restore energy now... Yes his damage can catch you offguard at times. But I think the main problem people had with Shen was just plain ignorance of his capabilities and lack of teamwork. Shen has always been a good laner. Now he's just more consistent.

tl;dr Teamwork beats Shen. Just like it beats any other champ in the game. Get used to it, you Rambo wannabes and quit trying to solo everyone.

I Am Tolan

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Eternal View Post
[CENTER]The Counter to Shen

Once an early Tear is grabbed[/CENTER]
lol yorick with manamune.... ur bad

Aviyor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Magic resist, characters with range, characters with magic damage, pushers to punish his ulting into other lanes.

The Last Eternal

02-23-2012

The slight nerfs are nothing really,other than how you are unable to taunt->q->Shield

Garen doesnt work against Shen, and Mordekaiser is more or less just a farm fest.

Teamwork does beat shen, but thats every champion

Shyvanna beats Shen also ive seen, just because once you are down to the turret, Shyvanna goes and takes your jungle.