Xerath: Is he as terrible as I think he is?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AoXoA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Problem I see with Xerath on dominion is his CDs mean he does some damage, but unless his ult is up and he has alot of AP he isn't going to be killing them. Then hes just a punching bag for the enemies.

He has no real escapes, apart from a slight speed boost, and going into siege mode means his a sitting duck for every enemy skillshot.

Ive seen decent ones, and in dominion you have to really team fight with him to be effective.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhbequiet9772 View Post
I played as Kass today around 1850 elo and went 15/1. Don't remember assists but mages can carry .
He is kind of an assasin

Bonabon

03-15-2012

What drives me up the freaking wall about Xerath is that during his W his E still has a noticeably shorter range than his Q. They should make them equidistant so I can actually feel like I'm doing something other than waiting for Q to come of CD when bombarding from long range.

dredzach

03-15-2012

I have played Xerath with some success.

I use him top and always let my teammate initiate while I use W and then drop Qs and Ults on them from the Fog of War. I always fight from fog of war and when approached by an enemy I stun and run. I save E (the stun enabler) for if/when the enemy closes on me. The same tactic can be used to defend a turret. Each time they try to cap it they get a Q to the face from FoW. Each time they try to come get me out of FoW I stun and run. Then I shoot Qs back into the FoW while my stun returns. If they want to chase me under the tower I turn on them and W>E>Q>ult>ult>ult>Q. Usually that's enough. I think Xerath has a lot to offer but you have to really play him as a kite/poke champ similar to Nidalee. Poke and run, poke and run, turn and burst, dead.

Oh, and I build out max CDR first using morellos, followed by AP items. I pretty much go glass cannon cause your only real defense is nuking the living shi out of them anyway.

blissless

03-19-2012

mages don't fare well in dominion because tower-diving is a staple game mechanic, rather than just a risky maneuver as on SR. without any durability you just have to hope your burst kills them off or else there's nothing much you can do.

xerath is actually one of the strongest mages behind kass and ryze (who i don't really class as a 'mage'), his absurd range lets you safely poke at turrets or force fights on your terms. the only caveat is that you should never go roaming around alone: always stay far behind your team.

Forestgreen02

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissless View Post
mages don't fare well in dominion because tower-diving is a staple game mechanic, rather than just a risky maneuver as on SR. without any durability you just have to hope your burst kills them off or else there's nothing much you can do.

xerath is actually one of the strongest mages behind kass and ryze (who i don't really class as a 'mage'), his absurd range lets you safely poke at turrets or force fights on your terms. the only caveat is that you should never go roaming around alone: always stay far behind your team.
Not true at all, mages fare very well because so many mages has a STUN, hard cc. Only way to reduce damage when fighting on point is to stun lock em and blow em up. but I do agree that xerath is very strong just that people don't know how to protect teammates and always leave squishies to die.

blissless

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 View Post
Not true at all, mages fare very well because so many mages has a STUN, hard cc. Only way to reduce damage when fighting on point is to stun lock em and blow em up. but I do agree that xerath is very strong just that people don't know how to protect teammates and always leave squishies to die.
well, hard CC on mages isn't as common as you'd think... ahri has one, so does annie (although it needs to be charged), ryze has one, xerath situationally has one (same with brand). most of the other mages only have hard CC on their ults (malz, ori etc).