Rumble Solo Top help needed :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

Hey guys, recently purchased Rumble and Im having some difficulties getting used to him. I find that early levels (pre 6) I tend to trade a lot and when fighting even though it seems like Im harassing a ton but the enemy is harassing very little.

Two notable matchups Ive played were vs a Trynda and a Singed. I won the Singed matchup, started trading from 6 on and overall didnt do too bad afterwards. Vs the Trynda I traded A LOT pre 6 and ended up losing the lane. Ive heard I should play like a bully in lane but I think I may be too aggressive. How should I play those early levels, and how should my playstyle change post 6?

UncleMike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

I solo top Rumble a lot. For Heavy melee I start with Doran's shield and (sometimes go with 2 dorans shields) then I race to a WOTA for the sustain.

Against a Trynd I would recommending skilling R->Q->W->E.

When I am facing Trynd in lane, I just position myself close enough to the creep wave for my Q to be in range if he is really aggressive, and use my Q to last hit, since it doesnt consume mana it's ok to spam it for last hitting. It takes some practice to time this right and figure out the edge of the range, but this makes it to where you are out of Melee range of Trynd yet if he is meleeing your creeps he is eating your Q.

If he charges or spins in, I W and back up, if he persists on me, I E him to slow him down and keep backing up.

But most importantly make sure to pickup exhaust against trynd, that way if he isnt full and charges you, you can exhaust, ult then Q him down hard.

Hope that helps.

corallein

02-24-2012

Against Trynd:
Cloth + 5x health pots. Rush Ninja Tabi's. Congrats, he does so much less damage to you now.

When harassing early on, be careful with auto-attacking near large creep waves. Those creeps do a lot of damage at low levels. If they have a large creep wave and you don't, do NOT try to fight them near it or you'll get destroyed by the caster minions.