How to Play AD Carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

02-24-2012

" Do ranged ad carries still have their place in dom?"
Not really but like any champ, you can make it work. You will have the most success if you have a support there to protect you or someone like a Leona.

1. MF. Good practice for understanding just how important build order and positioning is.
2. Sivir
3. They all are good.
4. Chaox build is the optimal way.

konfetarius

02-24-2012

Quote:
Not really but like any champ, you can make it work. You will have the most success if you have a support there to protect you or someone like a Leona.
Yeah, this is probably the most important part by far.

Bruisers and melee carries will dominate you 1 on 1 for most of the game (late game, you will do enough damage as melee approaches you to win the fight before they get a single swing in). If you have a Rammus, remind him constantly that a you can't exactly deal with a Jax or Sion in your face, but with his Taunt, you can take them out before they do any damage.

larkhill

02-24-2012

i think ranged carry success is moreso due to the dominance of disruption/cc tanks like blitz, jarvan and leona than the ad carry actually contributing. any champ can do a lot of dmg if left alone. good champs can do dmg even when being focused. or they can stay at range enough to do their job without getting caught

the issue with ranged ad carries is they have sustained dmg. dom is just too fast faced to let sustained dmg champs thrive anywhere but bot and even then, not all can do it. tanks like leona can occupy the entire enemy team for long enough to let the sustained dmg kick in and make a difference.

it works a lot like the aoe teams of SR. if built for it, it can dominate (as we saw with the morgana/amumu/kennen teams). if not specifically built for it, it will fail miserably.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

Ez and Sivir I tend to play quite often; they're both more AD casters for the first half of the game, and can keep enough distance they don't get destroyed. Blink and Spell Shield can really save you if you know how to use them. If you waste them, on the other hand, you're going to die...

The only time I have issues are when they have multiple stuns and dashes on their team: Sion, Irelia, Talon, Taric, etc. Assuming your team can keep in the game long enough, you'll wreck them.

Encouraging

02-24-2012

Trist and Kog are great because of their range, they can do great bottom or harass people sitting on points. Cait as well.

Vayne has lots of walls to pin people to, her stealth can be really annoying with other soft champions.

Sivir can do a lot of damage in team fights.

I've heard good things about Ashe, but she usually under-performs in my experience.

KSHarrison

02-24-2012

whats chaox build?

iProbie

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
whats chaox build?
google "insert ad carry name + Chaox guide"

standard build:
-greaves
-infinity edge
-bloodthirster/wriggles (replaced by sanguine in dom)
-phantom dancer
-last whisper
-qss
(not necessarily in this order)

perhaps if the enemy is not stacking armor, i could replace lw with entropy?