Shyvana: OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ronx

02-23-2012

I must be doing it wrong then.

Heard someone say recently: "She dominates most tops, way too strong."
What? Since when? Every time I play Shyvana, they play Garen, and I get pooped on early game.

"Her jungle ganks are insane."
Sejuani, Skarner at level 6 (and even before sometimes), Warwick at level 6, even Nautilus. Those are insane ganks. I can't even take this argument seriously. She doesn't even have cc. She's forced to take exhaust if she wants a gank that we won't laugh at.

"F**cking way too much damage for being so tanky."
This is the only one I might, I repeat, might agree with. If you don't cc Shyvana, she will vomit death all over your team. But I don't see how this makes her any different from, oh, Nasus perhaps. Renekton even. Stay close to them, don't cc them, then you die. Sure, she's fast, but Nasus has his ridiculous slow, and Renekton has a gap closer and stun.

Also heard that some tourny players said Shyvana was OP. I'm waiting for the inevitable nerfs, as unnecessary as I think they are. Nerf her speed, she'll get kited to death all day erry day. Nerf her damage, people will just ignore her in teamfights (or she'll be forced to build damage and get stomped because she won't be tanky enough).

Anyway, not sure why I made this thread. I just don't feel like she's OP in the slightest (maybe late game, but there's a lot of champs like that, e.g. Poppy). I haven't played her for a month or two, but I used to play her frequently, and I'm pretty sure not enough has changed in the game to shift her into top tier...

Eydolon

02-23-2012

The thing with her is that she clears jungle and minions like a boss... And when lategame comes...she becomes a giant snowball of molten despair and suffering.

She is pretty straight forward, and her kit is balanced around being tankydps at the expense of CC, but even without CC she is a fukin beast. Build mallet and get exaust... problem solved.

She is just a fukin beast, really.

Armags

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

They found the new FOTM. Nerf incoming

Hexerin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipherdidus View Post
Anyway, not sure why I made this thread.
because you're intelligent and see the problem with how the sheep will cause shyv to get nerfed

WalrusParadise

02-23-2012

She's a lot of fun, and she makes up for her poor ganks with great farming ability and damage.

Nothing more fun then Ult'ing into the enemy team and blowing fire in their face.

But yeah, Shyv is best picked if you have laners with solid CC. Or the enemy picked a slow jungler you can take advantage of.

Drakili

02-23-2012

she's a type of solo top most people havent played against IMO. It's like playing vs. garen except play safe and let her farm it wont matter late game isnt an option.

Ronx

02-23-2012

She reminds me of the old Mordekaiser (except not as lolzy, since he actually was kind of stupid. Then again, I was 1260 elo back then).

No cc, but makes up for it in damage.

Ronx

02-23-2012

O_o Everyone on the thread agrees with me, but I got a downvote. Alright.

Selrin

Recruiter

02-23-2012

Better nerf Ireia.

Eydolon

02-23-2012

I just love her fire shield. is Epic.

And if you get some cdr.... you can keep it up ALWAYS.

get a sunfire too, for more badassness