Does Irelia lose to Pantheon in lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cattlyst

02-23-2012

Pantheon will beat Irelia, but you have a better chance to survive him than other top lanes.

Foonakie

02-23-2012

ah ok, yeah he ALMOST killed me at level 2.

I was surprised at his ability to fight me post level 2. A lot of burst and his passive just gave me the boot.

I may try him as a counter to Irelia in ranked and attempt a shutout early game.

Tenmar

02-23-2012

You want to beat any AD caster buy these two items

Ninja Tabi
Wriggles Lantern

There you just hard countered your opponent and reduced his damage to nothing and increased your sustain and damage. But Irelia shouldn't lose to Panth due to how versatile her itemization can be.

As for mechanics, time your engagements and know when to strike and when to run back(that's what your stun is for). Move out of his HSS and just learn to pace his damage. Irelia should be able to trade very well against a Panth if you commit to a fight. You can be super aggressive at levels 1 and 2 but you MUST back off at level 3 as he will have full access to his full combo. When that happens focus on your farm and get Wriggles and Ninja Tabi and then just start doing trades.

Reason why this works is that your AR/lvl as a base stat and these two items outpace any damage Panth can get as physical damage reduction scales very sharply until 100 armor. Most likely Panth will have 31 AR pen from runes and quints but won't have that much of an impact IF you use armor runes.

You can go philostone but that will more or less make it a farm fest and you will have a harder time harassing.

Only other advice is to force him to go OOM. Let him harass you with all the spear toss he wants and when he goes OOM, strike hard and fast and dominate your lane then. Play it like fighting a GP, the second he goes OOM go in for a kill.

Foonakie

02-23-2012

Quote:
You want to beat any AD caster buy these two items

Ninja Tabi
Wriggles Lantern

There you just hard countered your opponent and reduced his damage to nothing and increased your sustain and damage. But Irelia shouldn't lose to Panth due to how versatile her itemization can be.

As for mechanics, time your engagements and know when to strike and when to run back(that's what your stun is for). Move out of his HSS and just learn to pace his damage. Irelia should be able to trade very well against a Panth if you commit to a fight. You can be super aggressive at levels 1 and 2 but you MUST back off at level 3 as he will have full access to his full combo. When that happens focus on your farm and get Wriggles and Ninja Tabi and then just start doing trades.

Reason why this works is that your AR/lvl as a base stat and these two items outpace any damage Panth can get as physical damage reduction scales very sharply until 100 armor. Most likely Panth will have 31 AR pen from runes and quints but won't have that much of an impact IF you use armor runes.

You can go philostone but that will more or less make it a farm fest and you will have a harder time harassing.

Only other advice is to force him to go OOM. Let him harass you with all the spear toss he wants and when he goes OOM, strike hard and fast and dominate your lane then. Play it like fighting a GP, the second he goes OOM go in for a kill.

deatheran

02-23-2012

yep prety much VS gp or panth or even garen go cloth5pot or boots 3pot or you WILL lose lane, those 3 have like so much harrass or in garens case sustain so they just take pot shots at you all day once you get wrigs tho omg you can just ignore them. i like to play like a shivana n push the lane then go roam or counterjungle

Bumhunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

hell no?

I've never been beaten by pantheon as irelia, its so easy.
you are irelia you can farm early lvls then hit lvl 7 with a wriggles and crush his worthless face in