why do people make smurfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HYKUUU

02-23-2012

i tried it once and its just so freakin boring...

Vince

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Cause people are bad.

steven2543

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

dem referals

M0J0E

02-23-2012

I don't smurf but I imagine it could be a good stress reliever. You just got stomped by some people your level, so you go and stomp on some level 1s to make yourself feel better.

HYKUUU

02-23-2012

i got banned for a day and made a new account hit expert.. played decent players but im guessing they were all smurfs

Captain Prinny

02-23-2012

Coz when you introduce a friend to League, you don't want to drag them into level 30 gameplay while they dive every turret, buy a combination of all three doran items, and ask what every single acronym in the game means every time its mentioned throughout a match.

Endzone63

02-23-2012

play with new friends without launching them into insanely higher level play than they can handle. Makes it easier to teach them how to play that way too.

At top level elo probably so they don't have to wait 45 minutes for a match every time.

Ryswick

02-23-2012

Well, I was trying to get my friend into LoL, but being on my main account made him feed every game, so I hopped on a smurf so we could play together without him getting mad at not being able to do anything.

Reptar

02-23-2012

1. Play with real life/new friends and teach them the ropes
2. Referral stacking
3. Bad and wants to feel good by stomping bad players

Wolfalisk

02-23-2012

There are several reasons.

#1: To play with lower level friends, so that they are playing at their level and will not get frustrated at higher level players that you would have brought into the game.

#2: To pubstomp new players.

#3: ARAM alt account, buying specific champions so that you have a greater likelihood of being about to play them since there are less random champions in your roster since it's a new account.

As far as I'm considered #1 and #3 are legitimate, #2 is kind of an exploit.