Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I don't feel like going to work

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dominick Destine

Recruiter

02-23-2012

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

MrGiraffeington

02-23-2012

Hearing people complain about their jobs makes me want to punch a baby. Be thankful you have a job, I've been looking for the past 2 years and haven't been able to find anything. Get rejected from McDonald's or a busboy position and then you can complain.

Elan Tedronai

02-23-2012

Quote:
MysticSolidor:
All negative emotions are void and meaningless because there are worse positions to be in.

You shouldn't lament not having a job because you could be in a foreign prison with the warden pulling off your fingernails and toenails one by one.

Elan Tedronai

02-23-2012

Not that I've seen. You must be reading into it.

MrGiraffeington

02-23-2012

Quote:
Elan Tedronai:
You shouldn't lament not having a job because you could be in a foreign prison with the warden pulling off your fingernails and toenails one by one.

So i can't feel sad just because someone has it worse? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Everyone has issues and though the issue may seem small to someone else it's still a big deal to that person.

Should i go tell homeless people they shouldn't be sad because kids in Africa have it worse?

Elan Tedronai

02-23-2012

Quote:
MysticSolidor:
So i can't feel sad just because someone has it worse? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Everyone has issues and though the issue may seem small to someone else it's still a big deal to that person.

Should i go tell homeless people they shouldn't be sad because kids in Africa have it worse?

Communication is not your strong point is it? You just said OP shouldn't act the way he is because he has a job and you don't.
Quote:
MysticSolidor:
Hearing people complain about their jobs makes me want to punch a baby. Be thankful you have a job, I've been looking for the past 2 years and haven't been able to find anything. Get rejected from McDonald's or a busboy position and then you can complain.

I've pointed out, through sarcasm and mockery, that your position is unwarranted. You missed the fact that I was using the same argument you used and you just told me my argument is ridiculous.

Mission accomplished.

CatchandKiss

02-23-2012

Elan, 1. Solidor, 0.
On the sunject of unemployment though, the easiest solution is expunge all of those bs minimum wage laws.

Direlord

02-23-2012

I don't mind coming to work, its the 8 hour wait to go home that is B.S

MrGiraffeington

02-23-2012

Quote:
Elan Tedronai:
Communication is not your strong point is it? You just said OP shouldn't act the way he is because he has a job and you don't.

I've pointed out, through sarcasm and mockery, that your position is unwarranted. You missed the fact that I was using the same argument you used and you just told me my argument is ridiculous.

Mission accomplished.

There's a difference between just complaining and being actually sad. OP is just complaining about going to work which, in this job market, isn't something to be complaining about. I doubt OP is on the edge of tears cause he has to go to work. Which goes back to what i said, i hate hearing people COMPLAIN about their jobs. If there was a real reason for him to be sad about going, like his boss touches him in naughty places, then the complaining would be fine. But he's not, he's just complaining he has to go.

Scarlena

02-23-2012

Dom: "I don't feel like going to work today"
Random mouth-foamer: "Be grateful you have a job! Blah blah blah, clean your plate, blah blah, starving children in China"
Dom: "Ya know what? You're right. I should be grateful. Thanks!" /whislesofftowork

Unrealistic. Only outcome is what has happened.