Xerath and Nautilus, the Imprisoned and Abandoned (A realistic game)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakur the Bright

02-23-2012

Hello, this is my first fan fiction, and it is about two of my favorite characters: Xerath and Nautilus! It also includes 3 other characters I enjoy, and a showdown at the middle lane! Enjoy.

The Start

Ten beams shot down from the heavens into Summoner's Rift. At the bottom, five champions rose. Shyvana, the Half Dragon, Jax, the Grandmaster At Arms, Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor, Xerath, The Magus Ascendant, and Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths. The champions went to prepare for battle with what little gold they had. After they prepared, Heimerdinger went to the front lines of the middle lane, Shyvana and Jax went to the bottom position, leaving Nautilus and Xerath to be at the top position. Nautilus slowly dragged himself to the center of the lane while Xerath speedily floated over the terrain. They hid in the bushes. "Prepare for the enemy to emerge from the bush over there." Xerath was correct, for seconds after he said this, Gangplank and Katarina appeared from the bush. Katarina charged into the bush they hid in, not expecting Gangplank to retreat when she found the opponents. "It's the Titan of the Depths. It's a demon spawn of the ocean, lass!" "Get with me now before they get first blood on me!"

Meanwhile at the frontlines, Heimerdinger met his opponent. "It's that sellout!" Rumble muttered with rage. Suddenly he had a grin. "Finally, he'll get what's coming to him." Heimerdinger looked at him with dismay and said, "Rumble, you fool, there is nothing wrong with helping humans." "You know what they did to me! They are monsters and you HELP them!" "They helped us, and I'm just returning the favor." "We don't need their help, and we don't need YOU!" Suddenly Rumble dashed forward, but retreated a bit when he saw the enemy minions approaching. "Your time will come soon, smarty pants."

Shyvana fought with Jax against Swain and Sion, two powerful Noxian members. Whenever Jax swung his lamp around to block enemy attacks, Swain's bird seemed to panic and fly back a little. Jax increased in strength, and jumped straight to Swain. The bird panicked and flew far away. "COME BACK HERE, YOU STUPID BIRD!" Without his bird he couldn't use his Cripple move, and was forced to use magic himself to try Nevermove on Jax. He jumped back in time, but this gave Swain a chance to retreat. And so he did. "Don't worry, Jax," Shyvana spoke, "You'll get your chance."

Battle Start

Katarina retreated before she could come close to being the first to fall. She dodged both attacks from the enemy Xerath and Nautilus. She started to sweat though, because with Gangplank avoiding Nautilus, he was slowly becoming the strongest enemy on the field. She didn't think fast enough, because now she was being pulled by an anchor. She suddenly came face to face with Nautilus. "This can't be good," She muttered to herself. "Xerath, fire!" Xerath suddenly burst from the bushes and cast an unstable spell on her. It was hardly painful, but then she knew why she needed to block it. Xerath then blasted her with lightning, and she became virtually paralyzed. She couldn't move. Then came the worst part. Nautilus suddenly surrounded in dark waters, and his red eyes glowed more fiercely than ever. It was as if they were lighthouses flashing constantly at her. "Prepaare to droown..." Suddenly things went black for her.

Heimerdinger had to dodge many attacks to survive. "Dance, Heimer, DANCE!" Rumble was constantly taunting him and insulting him as he controlled the front lines. However, he did not expect what came next. He build two turrets almost instantly in front of Rumble, then threw a flashy grenade at him. Rumble's robot suddenly froze for a few seconds, and in the black smoke, he couldn't see. "I've had enough, Rumble! Your temper has taken control of you!" He suddenly activated a button that turned all of his turrets blue temporarily, and he suddenly blasted five rockets. One was heading directly toward Rumble. The ice was bad enough slowing his robot. As soon as he saw the rocket, he shut his eyes and pressed the red 'Eject' button.

Shyvana and Jax were having the most trouble because of Sion. He would damage either of them severely whenever he was nearby. This situation was too dangerous. Shyvana knew what she would have to do. "HERE COMES THE DRAGON!" She jumped into the air and shapeshifted into a mighty, flaming dragon that glided over Sion and Swain. She then swirled fire that scorched the earth beneath her. Sion slowly burned as he ran for the sanctuary of the turret, but it was too late. Shyvana blasted a huge shot of fire that burned Sion into a crisp. Sion had fallen. Swain was forgotten, and, as a consequence, Shyvana fell to Swain's bird form. "You're next, Jax!" "My lamp says otherwise!" Jax lunged forward, his lamp spinning, and smacked Swain swiftly. Swain tried to run, but his lamp paralyzed him. Jax gleefully whacked Swain constantly. Swain was too bruised to run fast enough. He knew he would die. He cast all of his power on Jax, but it wasn't enough to bring him down. Jax's next hit whacked Swain with so much power that he flied backwards before landing head first into the terrain. Swain was defeated. "Imagine if I had a REAL weapon," Jax said jokingly.

Imprisoned and Abandoned

Nautilus and Xerath had defeated Katarina, and Gangplank was nowhere in sight. They decided to farm and talk with their spare time. "You are a skilled mortal," Xerath said. "From what I know, I'm not mortal. However, I don't know what I am, I cannot see myself within this unbreakable shell..." "What happened?" "I was left to die..." The painful memory struck Nautilus' mind. He remembered holding on to the railing of the ship with one hand, and reaching his other hand out for someone to pull him up. He remembered the terrified faces on the crewmembers. He remembered them wedging his fingers off the rail in desparation. And he remembered the last sound he heard before he disappeared... "Cooome, Naautilus..." like a lightning strike, he suddenly broke from his daydream. "Fear... Betrayal... many weak traits of mortals." Xerath couldn't admit it, but first timme ever since he had been freed, he had slight sympathy for another creature. He then tried to force the sympathy out. "Weren't you once mortal yourself, Xerath? You had human flaws once." Xerath remembered the transformation, and his once only desire. Tabia... The name flashed in his mind, but another thought came in soon after. She is no longer my concern. She is gone, and I remain. "You made a mistake and they sealed you away because of it..." "I need not revenge. They are gone and I am eternal." "Even if those who condemned me are gone now, I would do whatever it takes to gain revenge. I have nothing to live for otherwise." Nautilus had tried to come up with some kind of reason to live besides revenge. There was nothing he could think of. "If you are truly immortal as I am, then you may find there is much to do and much time to do it." Xerath himself had not thought of what he would do with his eternity, but he would find out when he is free of his burden. When he is, there is everything to do. "So, where is the Noxian and Pirate?" They had been farming for about two minutes, and they had destroyed a turret. Suddenly, cannons rained down. One hit Nautilus, slowing him down a bit. Gangplank and Katarina jumped from a bush and immediately started towards Xerath. Nautilus pulled Katarina away, then sent a Depth Charge towards Gangplank. "They have been exercising on jungle monsters!" Nautilus pulled Gangplank toward him with his anchor, causing both to start focusing on him. "Go! I will distract them!" Xerath couldn't just run. They were simple mortals, and they were mauling the creature he had actually began to like. He planted himself on the ground, blasted at the two, and prepared to rain down on them. Energy blasted everywhere. Katarina ran away, but Gangplank was determined to kill the ocean demon. Xerath used all the magic he could use at once on him, and Gangplank fell to the ground. Xerath floated hastily to Nautilus. He was alive, but he was going to die. "Thank you for trying..." Nautilus fell to the ground, anchor in hand. Xerath had failed to rescue the one who had sacrificed his own life to save him. He did not mourn, but felt emptiness inside his soul. Xerath, the Magus Ascendant, He who was the first mage to discover true infinite power, had failed to save his friend. Friend? He had no friends. They are meaningless accessories that only weak mortals require. "Weren't you once mortal yourself, Xerath? You had human flaws once." His ally's words had struck his mind. Maybe some human traits were still in him. However, he soon understood. Not all human traits are weakness, but he was free of those that were. Emotions like sadness... anger... love... Tabia... Tabia... The name could not be escaped. It would lurk in the darkest corners of his mind. She is gone, and I remain. I remain... I am eternal...

Tables Turn

"Heimy... Thinks he can push me around...? ...I'll show him... He'll see..." Rumble mumbled to himself as he headed to the mid lane. "Hey Heimy! Your heiny doesn't look so good!" Suddenly Katarina appeared from behind and attacked Heimerdinger. He was about to make his escape, but Katarina teleported in front of him and stopped him. "Now you're gonna get it, Heimer! And I'll make sure it's painful!" "Rumble, you are too foolish! You attack your own kind recklessly! And what are you to prove? That you have a short temper?" Heimerdinger, even in a crisis, spoke logically. "I'm not proving, I'm getting revenge on you! It's always 'Why can't you be more like Heimerdinger?' or 'Heimerdinger never would have insulted those human ears like you did!' I'm SICK OF IT! I'm SICK OF YOU!" He blasted his fire straight forward. "DEATH BY FIRE!" Heimerdinger fell, his corpse in flames. "...You have let your anger take over..." It was a painful death, indeed. "I can't wait to do that again!" "Sorry Rumble, I gotta push Xerath and Nautilus back. Try yourself!" Katarina left quickly.

Jax had just jumped in to attack Sion, but was stunned, and and was killed as a result. Shyvana had to survive both enemies. She had blasted fire from a safe distance, but it wasn't enough. The turret was being destroyed, and only one thing could stop them. "Here I go!" She transformed again and, this time, she attacked Swain first. Swain made it to his turret in time, and Sion had destroyed her turret. "THAT IS IT!" She used her Ignite summoner spell to prevent healing, and unleashed all her fire on Sion. He had almost made it, until Shyvana cut him into pieces. She then moved on and destroyed the turret. However, Gangplank appeared from behind and shot his pistol. Shyvana was injured from the turret and Swain, and was easily killed.

Defending

All the lanes were pushed back to the base, and they were in much trouble. "If they destroy an inhibitor, we're done for," Jax proclaimed. "Me and Shyvana will defend. Xerath, Nautilus, and Heimerdinger, go kill Baron Nashor." After about 30 seconds, Nautilus reached Baron Nashor. He eyed the beast. He would have to take all the damage from it. I'm going to have to survive this beast's full power... This will be easy. He gleefully pulled himself in and started to use his full power on the monster. Xerath blasted forward while Heimerdinger's Turrets fired away. "Well done, we'll have this creature defeated in a million nanoseconds!" Meanwhile... "Somethin's wrong. Heimy is nowhere in sight." Rumble, for once, was thinking smart. "Go check to see if they are fighting Baron Nashor." Swain, Katarina, and Sion all went to check the Baron Nashor.

"We're almost there, let's hope we can stop them," Swain muttered. Suddenly, an anchor popped out of the bush next to the Baron Nashor cove, and Nautilus came out, exalted with Baron Nashor. Swain, who was pulled in, recieved a flurry of arcane magic, water, and rockets. He died in seconds. "RUUN!" Sion, for once, actually said something. Heimerdinger threw a grenade in front of Sion, where he walked right into the blast zone. He was blasted by Xerath and destroyed in seconds. "You know what they say, when an enemy is beheaded, their IQ drops by 90%!" "I am sure that is not a saying, Heimerdinger." "I am not very smart with humor, am I, Nautilus?" "No."

The Comeback

"Great, they're pushing us back! Nice going, Noxian Dorks." "You shouldn't be talking, pipsqueak," Katarina replied. "My robot says otherwise." He turned around and attacked Heimerdinger, who immediately upgraded. Rumble's robot was freezing. "Agh, COME ON! This rust bucket can't do ANYTHING right! EJECT!" The robot fell to the ground as Rumble launched up, and fell to the ground himself. "Now you are trying to prove even more foolish things!" "I know, right? Well, too bad I'm gonna have to kill you now." "Not on my Subatomic Time-teller 5000!" Rockets blasted forward.

Xerath fought with Nautilus to destroy the top turret. When it was finally destroyed, Sion and Gangplank appeared to attack him. Sion stunned him quickly and Xerath fell to the ground. He was going to be destroyed. But a voice rose in his mind. “Xerath!” Tabia? The voice he remembered suddenly lifted him up. He felt energized again and was ready to fight. He zapped Sion down and blasted his energy all over him. Sion was destroyed easily. All that was left was Gangplank.

Nautilus was being hit hard by Gangplank. His shots pierced his armor easily and penetrated him. He fell to the ground, breathing hard. He was falling to the same man who, earlier, was scared to death by him. Scared to death... He looked up at Gangplank. Nautilus imagined Gangplank to be someone else right then. Instead of seeing Gangplank, he saw one of the sailors. He saw the one who made the decision. "You're a danger to us all, Nautilus. You are not going to stay with us." What? No! NO! His painful memory suddenly made him strong. If he could not get revenge on those who left him to die, he would get revenge on the memory. He threw his anchor and pulled himself up, as well as pulling Gangplank to him. "I... I WILL HAVE VENGEANCE!" The Riptides ripped Gangplank to shreds.

Jax smacked Swain constantly. However, Swain transformed and injured Jax greatly. When all hope seemed lost, Shyvana jumped out in Dragon Form, and teared Swain to pieces. He was very injured, but was going to escape. "I will not let you live!" Shyvana blast her fire forward, scorching Swain. "Thanks alot, miss. I was really in trouble there." "Revenge is its own reward." "Are you sure you didn't do it to save me whatsoever?"

Finale

The whole team came to fight. Rumble, stubborn as usual, was the first to fight. "I've had it, Heimer. It's time for you to die!" He shot his Equalizer rockets on Heimerdinger in hopes of destroying him. "I am going to kill you one way or another!" Rumble used everything. Heimerdinger was about to be killed, when both turrets were destroyed that were defending the enemy Nexus. "What?" "This is proof that you let a simple grudge control you. Your undying hate has clumsily left the turrets unguarded. Prepare to meet your demise!" Rumble was destroyed in seconds. "...You will forever be a sellout, Heimer... And I will always hate you..."

The nexus was almost destroyed, but the Noxians respawned and took out Jax and Shyvana. They also injured Xerath greatly. Nautilus was alone. I will not rest until I finish what I start... Nautilus walked up to the Nexus, and started to hit it. All the enemy team turned around. "Is that guy nuts? He's trying to solo our Nexus with all us here! C'mon, let's kill him." They all used everything they could, but Nautilus hardly took damage, and did not pay attention to anything but the Nexus he sought out to destroy. "What is he doing?" Xerath asked himself. "...He's finishing the task at hand..." Nautilus, unmoving, continued to whack the Nexus he was determined to break. The Nexus was highly damaged in a few seconds. So was Nautilus, however. I will not rest... I will not rest... "I WILL NOT REST!" "Neither will I!" Xerath joined in on the relentless attack. They continued to attack without hesitation. The Nexus cracked, and cracked more. Nautilus held his anchor to the sky. "I end this." He slammed the anchor into the crack. The Nexus exploded. Nautilus and Xerath had won the day. "Thank you..." "For trying?" Xerath asked, remembering what Nautilus' last words were when he had fallen. "For not giving up." "I do not give up on a friend." Friend? I do not need friends. Friends are- He stopped in his thoughts. Not all human traits are flaws... He thought for a bit. And if Nautilus is to spend an eternity, he will need a friend. Out of all the victories Xerath had gone through, this seemed to be the sweetest. But then he regained his former behavior. "Never speak of this conversation again." "Agreed."

The End

Zakur the Bright

04-08-2012

Finished the story

GloriousKaiser

04-21-2012

Excellent story though I found it hard to see who was saying what, especially with Rumble and Heimer. I love it because it features my favorite champ Nautilus. GO NAUT!!

Zakur the Bright

06-26-2012

You too? Yeah, I love Nautilus.

Astraltar

06-26-2012

This story.

It is a good one.

Zakur the Bright

06-26-2012

Thx. It was my first one